Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cake

Mama Mia was everything I expected it to be and more. LOVED it! Let's just say there were people dancing in the aisles at the end. I'm going again next week when Ian can watch the boys. My dad is an awesome grandpa...but not an awesome babysitter. He lost Evan without even knowing it - thank you Laura for saving him! And he caught Evan playing in the toliet numerous times. I'm reminded of the time when he was watching Max...and Max went home. Ian happened to be driving home and saw Max wandering down towards our house. Or the time when Adam was young and we had horses. And we found Adam in with the horses...Sigh. I still love you dad, but I guess somethings never change.

This weekend would've sucked if it weren't for Tiffany letting us bombard her house 2 nights in a row. I really feel like she gets the short end of the stick in our friendship. Let's just keep that on the down-low.

Tayler showing off the finished cake

Tonight we attempted the Death by Chocolate cake again. This time with raspberries and slivered almonds. Better than last week but still can be improved upon. Tiffany thinks we need to make whipped creme frosting for our next attempt. And use sliced strawberries instead of the raspberries. This is why we are friends. These things don't occur to me.


















Us girls watched The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants while the boys watched Avatar. Evan and Elliott became friends. And I have long suspected that Evan has a crush on Tayler (good taste).















I don't know if you can see, but Evan sustained an injury around his eye...we think it's rug burn. The bigger boys like to take foam pads and slide down the stairs. Ben says they slid right over Evan's face. Poor kid had a rough day...first grandpa loses him and now this! It's tough being #4.

6 comments:

Methodical Wormer said...

OH my goodness your poor child.

I wonder how many guardian angels hang out around your kids when they're in your dad's care.

I'm almost surprised that people were dancing in the aisles. It was a lot less strange to dance at the live performace, but a movie?

Were you in the aisle!?!?! Let me know when you're going, I NEED to see it, bad.

Teresa said...

poor baby! With 3 older brothers Evan is going to be a tough little kid!

Christy said...

I want to go see Mamma Mia too! Did you make the Tammy Jones' recipe? I want to try it myself, but honestly, I'm afraid I'm going to be disappointed with my own efforts, since hers was beyond HEAVENLY! How was Brayden in nursery today? I didn't hear a report, good or bad, so hopefully that means good. :)

Anonymous said...

Liam cut his hair AGAIN tonight while taking a shower. He went from super cool to super geek with one snip of the scissors. I fear there will be tears shed(by Jason).

Heather said...

That cake looks spectacular. I think I would happily die if I got to eat a cake like that. I was laughing at the babysitting stories from your dad. I had a grandpa who sounds a lot the same. I walked home from their house at the age of two and I lived a mile away. I love all of your posts and pictures of your kids. It makes me laugh and seem to enjoy the little things.

Merilee said...

Are you serious you are not going to SYTYCD? That's just crazy. MMMMMmm cake.