I like to read about celebrities. Tiffany and my mom share this "like" so we often trade magazines, ect. In fact, Tiffany and I have been known to even have whole conversations about Hollywood babies, starlets and relationships. I feel a little pathetic admitting it, but oh well, there it is.
Imagine my joy when I am talking to Jill the other day and she casually mentions that it would be fun to see some celebrities - there are tons in town for the Super Bowl. I quickly pounce and suggest that we go to Fashion Square to hunt up some celebs. So Saturday morning Jill, Rayna and I head up to Scottsdale. We are such geeks. I swear. We think any person wearing designer clothes must be a celebrity. We shop around a little going into a store called "Lush". In there, we admit to the sales woman that we are hear looking for celebrities (hello - I even brought my camera!) The saleswoman starts telling us about everyone she's seen: Mary J. Blige, Bounce and Jay Z, K Fed and his kids (Jill's eyes widen a little at that). She then informs us that we need to go to the Waterfront if we truly want to see famous people. We are so there!
We venture outside, stopping to eat at Sauce (how could I pass it up?). We sit outside and everytime anyone walks by we whisper, "Who was that?" "Did you notice?" Of course we are totally clueless when it comes to pro-sports players although I did recognize one guy that I had seen on the news the night before (he was wearing the same hat) but since I couldn't remember his name, we didn't approach him. We did eventually head down to the Waterfront. We got a few freebies and basically stared at anyone who looked remotely famous. It was so much fun! I'm sure we saw tons of famous people - we just didn't know who they were. Did any of you see anyone famous?
P.S. Ian has seen Ice-T.

12 comments:
Here is a fun bit of info for you in regards to Ice T. He's moved into Carino Estates.
Here is the link
http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/0131cr-IceT0201.html
Star stalking sounds like fun though.
Oh yeah, Meg and Reuben saw Matt Leinart shopping at Safeway on a Thursday night @ 9pm. Although I'm sure he probably shops at AJ's now that it is open.
A friend told me yesterday that apparently Saturday evening at Fashion Square Mall was the place to be as many famous people were there and some shops were closed down for private shopping.
Darn it! We should've went at night!
Eric isn't obsessed with celebrities, but once he hears about them, he remembers who they are for life... his brain can retain that useless knowledge of the baby names of every celebrity, or who's married to who... etc. etc... it's crazy! I always ask him, when I am trying to think of a celebrity and I can't remember the name - he can always come up with it (and then he will tell me who they are married to and what other movies they've been in recently)... wouldn't shock me if he knew where they all lived...etc...
You are so funny! I love all of the celebrity gossip too but I can't bring myself to buying the magazines unless I'm on vacation (i.e. lots of time in the car or on the airplane) but I love looking at them when I'm getting my hair done. I have a hair appointment tomorrow so I will get all caught up. I don't live in AZ, but it is kind of similar living in UT during the Sundance Film Festival. You wouldn't even know it was going on unless you went to Park City. It is amazing because EVERYONE comes to Sundance. I am amazed at how many celebs visit my little sheltered state in Jan. I will venture up there one of these times and try to do some celebrity sight seeing.
haha don't believe everything you read in those magazines, and feel a little better cause a lot of the pics are airbrushed, even the celebs admit and laugh about that. I think if you really care to see them in person that much, just go to a big variety show, like the Grammy's or World Music Awards, I did, and that way you can see/hear a lot of celebs live.
the home alone kid in tower records in the village (ny). he is really really short even as an adult.
We almost went out to Scottsdale to see celebrities after we went out Friday! I am a total celebrity addict, so we will have to chat also! I really wanted to ditch church on Sunday to go hang out watching the people coming to the game, but I didn't...
Oh I totally forgot to mention, I saw Jennifer Garner at Scottsdale Fashion Square once. I was hanging out in the play area, and she walked in. Everyone kind of just looked at each other like, is that who we think it is? Then when she turned to leave, she smiled her smile at me, and I was totally freaking out!
That sounds like so much fun. I would have never thought to go celebrity hunting. Now I keep asking all my AZ friends and family if they saw anyone famous. Megan's husband was at the super bowl working. He "claims" he didn't recognize anybody though.
Dang it anyway! That was me, not Chris.
Yeah , Leinart lives in Dave Pratt's old house in Oakwood hills. number 22 i believe. I deliver to a ton of football and baseball players. surprising how many live in Chandler. I was just shocked two weeks ago when Ice T was in my UPS store shipping out a package. Weird...you would think he would be capping someone in Compton; but no, just shipping grandma some homemade cookies and a sweater he knit by himself.
Post a Comment