Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy & Sad


Happy Birthday Stacy - I knew you'd enjoy this picture. He's not my top choice for a celebrity crush, but I like how loyal you are. You've loved Hayden for a long time - and even endure endless amounts of teasing about his bad acting. My gift to you on your birthday is Hayden! I even got you movie tickets so you can go see "Jumper".

O.k. the happy, fun portion of this post is over. Today I lost my wedding band. I think I cried for a good 2 hours. There was an hour of desperation where I offered the kids $50 if they found the ring as I was flinging bits of trash around (sooo disgusting). I've turned the house upside down. The ring is gone. I still have the more expensive engagement ring but I almost liked my little band better. I didn't get it when we got married - Ian surprised me with it 4 years ago as a Valentines Day/Birthday present (yeah, it kinda sucks having my birthday so close to Valentines Day). I hate caring so much about a material thing but I loved the ring and I am heart broken.

10 comments:

ducklips said...

I am so sorry about your ring. I understand your frustration. I once lost my ring down the drain to my bathroom sink. Luckily we found it in the catch thing. I will pray you find it soon.

Happy birthday Stacy, on a happier note.

LauraB said...

I feel your pain - my rings mean the world to me. Like Elise said, it's not a material possession kind of like - it's the meaning behind them and the feelings associated with them.

Happy Birthday, Stacy. Hayden who??

Unknown said...

$50?? When can I come over? I am so sorry. I hope you find it.

Anonymous said...

Your wedding band will turn up...somehow they always do...

Becca said...

Sheri, When is your birthday? Mine is Feb. 15th, so I too have a Valentine Birthday. Hope your ring shows up.

Merilee said...

Oh man, that stinks about your ring. You'll find it though. Do you think it got thrown away or something?
Who's Hayden?

Anonymous said...

I totally know how you feel! I lost my wedding ring on vacation 4 years ago, actually I think it was stolen out of my hotel room. I still don't have a new one yet. I have other rings I wear that work, but I want a wedding ring again! I hope you find it!

Jen said...

Oh, bummer. I do hope it shows up. Did you check Evan's diaper like Ian suggested?

Christy said...

I'm with you on the Hayden thing - Stacy and I have had many conversations about Hayden's "acting" abilities.... good for her - at least she is loyal!

Hope you find your band - don't give up - one time I lost my car keys for 6 weeks before I finally found them. Good thing I'd stalled off replacing them (those remotes are $50-100) and Eric let me take his set while I waited for mine to turn up.

Drea said...

I hope you find it! I'm so sorry!
And Happy Birthday Stacy!