Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Randomness

Max made a dream catcher at pre-school yesterday. He is so proud of it - he keeps telling me the colors and that it catches all of his bad dreams. I hung it by his bed last night and he kept touching it and looking at it and here comes the good news...he stayed in his bed all night! YAY! Who knew that relief was a couple of feathers, a paper plate and some yarn away?

Yesterday Ian stayed home from work. He was deathly ill. It was fun for Max because they wrestled most of the day. I had to go to Target and when I came back Ian was outside with the kids (Evan was with me). I did a double take until I realized that he had his freaky contact lenses in that make him look like his eyes are pure black (thanks Jared). Apparently Ian, Alexander, Ben, Max & Michael were scaring Joe and Dallin - chasing them around acting like Ian was a wild beast. It's like having 5 boys, I swear.










My favorite part of the whole movie


Ian has been bugging me FOREVER to watch Across the Universe. My mom got it from Netflix for him, so we finally watched it. Like Melanie said, the beginning and end were really good - it was the trippy stuff in the middle I didn't like - although Ian tried to convince me of the artistic vision of the movie as a whole - I thought if they cut out the druggie fluff (sorry Bono - that means you) it would've made the movie a whole lot better. I now have a crush on Jim Sturgess. Watch out Jim - I am stalking you.
I am reading Inkheart. I love this book. They're making the movie and I can't wait! Paul Bettany is going to be Dustfinger - I am so excited about that. Kim lent me her copy of the book but I might have to buy it. It occurs to me that I have an adolescent's taste in literature. Oh well, my love of Jane Austen proves I'm somewhat of an adult...Right?

I checked out the Twilight website yesterday. They posted pictures of the movie cast...I'm feeling better about their choice for Edward but really, Carlisle looks creepy, not hot. Come on, Hollywood - Josh Duhamel would've been perfect. And Ellen Page is Bella to a T. Just an opinion.

Oh yeah - the final book to the Twilight series comes out August 2nd. Can't wait.

Happy Birthday Adam! 18. WOW! I can remember the day you were born....

Happy Birthday Joe! I hope you have a great day (which ofcourse you will because I got you a really cool present that I will be borrowing...)

12 comments:

Brian said...

Man, I only wish I had that much energy when I'm "deathly ill" ...What's you secret Ian?

Sheri said...

Sarcasm Brian.

Becca said...

Brian, we think alike - I want to stay home from work "deathly ill" and then play outside with kids!

Sheri, Thanks for the book recommendation - I'll start them up. Are there only the two?

As far as Twilight the movie goes - we can't be too hard on the actors/actresses. We know from the books the Cullens are the most attractive people around. That's not east to find in real life. Poor Robert Pattinson gets tons of hate mail - so sad. That's why I like the books better - we all will image "the perfect man" our own way.

Sheri said...

I think there are only 2 books in the series - I'll ask Kim or Adam -they'll know.

Becca said...

According to Wikipedia, Inkdeath will be released on April 7th, 2008.

Merilee said...

Woohoo for the dream catcher! My boys loved those when they were little. I never really understood it, but whatever.
I wanted to see that Across the Universe movie. I think I'll skip it now. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm super excited for the Twilight movie though I'm really afraid it will be crappy. I actually love all the actor choices especially EDWARD. OK not in your photo here, but in some others he looks perfect. I just don't know how they will get all the special effects right. Can't wait to see it. Good or bad.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I took off my mean comment Brian. I haven't called in sick forever. When I do it is usually to get Dr. appts. done or do something with my kids. You caught me red handed agent smart! good job...that was my secret. Now that you have had those surgeries maybe you won't have to really use all those sick days--and you too can use my secret.

Sheri said...

Merilee - you should check out the movie for yourself. The singing was awesome and I really did LOVE most of the movie. I even shed a few tears during "Hey Jude" and "Something" and I hardly ever get emotional during movies. There were just parts that were too "out there" for me. If you like the Beatles, you'll like the movie.

Merilee said...

I love the Beatles! I guess I'm seein' it after all.

MELANIE said...

I don't even like the Beatles all that much but I loved the music. I will stalk Jim Sturgess with you. His voice is so awesome. I really love "Across the Universe", "Something" and "Hey Jude". One of my favorite scenes was when the boys sang "With a little help from my friends".

Don't listen to Ian - that crazy drug induced part was not good. Even with Bono (which was a surprise because I didn't know he was in it). Before we started it Lance knew that the Eddie Izzard part was going to be weird. I am glad that I didn't turn off the movie at that point though. I was shocked about the brief nudity. It seems that PG 13 lets alot fly nowadays. I guess if 13 year old boys haven't seen boobies yet then it's time they start........

Charlotte said...

I can't believe Adam is 18! Now, I feel OLD! Happy B Day Adam & Joe!

Trina said...

I am so disapointed in the cast of Twilight. u tube had some good cast members. Wow that makes me sad and scarred to watch the movie.