Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Clearing my head












With Valentines Day fast approaching and my birthday 6 days after, I thought I'd post some "helpful" hints as to what I might like. Mind you, this list is for Ian. But it'll be nice to look back in a few years and see how my tastes have changed.

Things I would like:
1. Chocolate (Cellas dark chocolate covered cherries, Godiva dark chocolate rasberry truffles are favorites right now)

2. Brian Regan c.d. or d.v.d.

3. A date night totally planned by someone besides myself (this includes getting a babysitter)

4. Elmers

5. A pedicure (all those flip-flops have done a number on my feet)

6. A clean house

7. Movie tickets (btw, if you haven't seen Juno drop everything and go - NOW!)

8. Lily Allen or Nada Surf c.d.

Big-priced items (I can dream...)

1. A purse like Tiffany's (yeah, I know I'm not supposed to covet)

I guess that's it. Sheez, I couldn't think of anything else.

So not much has been going on here, but somehow I feel like I'm always one step behind. I'm trying to de-clutter my house and get ready for a garage sale but that's hard when I live with a few pack rats. It's also hard when my children keep going through what I have put away for the garage sale and playing with it.

Evan is calming down a little. He seems happier on the whole (most of his teeth have finally came in) and less crazy. Although he did fall off the computer chair today and has a doozy of a scrape to prove it. The other day I was at my mom's and noticed it had been quiet for a while. I look over and see Evan lying on the ground playing with a toy drill. He layed there for atleast 10 minutes. He hasn't been that still in ages! I took a picture :) As much as he drives me crazy, I love him more and more each day. I love kissing his chubby cheeks and hearing him squeal when I chase him. He fills my life with laughter and love (as do all my little rug-rats).

Today is my sister-in-law Trina's birthday. Trina is the kindest, sweetest, best person I know. One of the best things about her is that she's not judgemental. Go to Kim's blog to read more about Trina. Happy Birthday Trin Bean!

Ian has been busy getting the boys' cars ready for the Pinewood Derby - it'll be a whole other post. Be prepared to be amazed! That's all for now...oh, yeah - how great is Lost? It's the only show I'm watching right now.

27 comments:

Brian said...

What about the hot rock massage you mentioned on Merilee's blog?
Stay Sweet. Keep in touch! Have a Great Summer! :-)

ACS said...

Brian Regan is SOOOOOOOOOO funny! We saw him live about 3 years ago! He was hilarious!

I hope you get many of the things you want on your list! :-)The Lily Allen album is really good!!!!


Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Birthday a little early! 21, right????

Kim said...

I was going to leave a negative comment about you wanting the Lilly Allen cd, but since the person who commented before me seems to like it, I won't be negative.

You know I'll probably get you movie tickets anyway.

Can't wait to see the pinewood derby cars!

Kim said...

Actually, I've decided on the date night. Just you and me, Ian can babysit!

Sheri said...

Now your speakin' my language Kim!

ducklips said...

What a great birthday wish list. The chocolates especially sound good.
I can never think of what I want the few weeks before my birthday. I always think of everything like two months later.

Congrats on finding a toy to keep Even's attention. Those rare finds are the best

Teresa said...

Good list, although I think I would rank Elmer's above chocolate! The pedicures are a must. Stuart has learned that I NEED them and will insist I go get one at least once a month. It is the best indulgence!

Anonymous said...

FYI on the Lily Allen, you can get the clean version. I do that on all the cds I can.

On to my purse, I had no idea that you liked it that much, in fact I don't know which one you are speaking of. I am still hoping to go for spring break to get some more, but who really wants to haggle the price of purses with Crutchy? Actually on second thought it might work to my advantage, like on Newsies, Crutchy(I know I stole the name) always got the sympathy sale.

Sheri said...

Totally use it to your advantage! You might get a smokin' deal.

I'm talking about your brown & black bags (I think the black is coach - not sure what the brown is - maybe Coach too - they look the same)

LauraB said...

Mmmmm...Elmer's. When's the garage sale?

tsumomi said...

Whats the damage this year on your age? Hope you get what you want. I would push for the i-pod. I love mine. It is something that is mine only. Having a big family you have to share everything, but not this. Even if you do it is still the music that only YOU want on it.

Christy said...

I have fallen in love with my ipod. I used to have a mp3 player (that was not apple) and it just doesn't compare to the apple. Now I'm already trying to talk Eric into buying me a "mac" laptop with our federal tax rebate check that we'll supposedly be getting this summer.

Chris C said...

I can't believe you have Elmers on your list. You can get better food at Taco Bell!

Good luck on the Lilly Allen CD, it's ok. Maybe you can get Ian to give you a massage and a pedicure.

Sheri said...

Ummm...Chris..obviously you wouldn't know good Mexican food if it came up and bit you in the butt.

Brian said...

For once I agree w/ Sheri. Chris, you are seriously sliding down my favorite persons list...

Darrel said...

I don't know who this Chris fellow is, but he has horrible taste. First he doesn't like Lost and now this. If you don't like Elmers, that's one thing, but to compare it to Taco Bell, which can barely be considered Mexican Food, is down right ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

yeah Chris...step off and don't mess--and if you think i am going to give a massage and pedicure to Sheri then you just don't know me!!!!or the abnormal size of Sheri's feet--that would take all day and i don't have the stamina for that. so there..I just wanted to tell you off like everyone else did.

Kim said...

Poor Chris. I'll stick up for you because you happen to have great taste in music!

Can't we all just get along?

Merilee said...

Please forgive him. He's from Utah!!!!! heeheehee.
Lost still SUCKS though!

Anonymous said...

OUCH Merilee!!!...Okay now, hold on everyone...they are not stupid---just ignorant. they just don't know. please forgive the Camerons! they obviously watched half of one episode from season one and don't know what's going on--so now they just say it sucks. remember they are in Oregon.... too much going on there--- maybe they just look outside their windows and watch the rain come down and that is good enough them.

Teresa said...

Wow. Personal insults seem to slide right off, but bad mouth Elmers and the fight gets ugly! Obviously good taste isn't a gift everyone has. I just feel bad for those who can't appreciate things like LOST and Elmer's. My husband will be making me dinner to eat while watching LOST for our Valentine's Day...a perfect evening! (how sad am I?)

Sheri said...

Actually Teresa, that sounds like the perfect night!

Chris C said...

OK, let me explain the Elmer's thing, since I obviously struck a nerve there. I have really only eaten there once (way back with Marcy Paz Soldan and Merilee) and I got sick. So, I just don't get the Elmers infactuation. Merilee totally has it too.

Lost is still lame! Maybe you should watch something good like Project Runway (mine and Merilee's vice).

Anonymous said...

Ok. None of these sound like a good evening. No one has mentioned a castless evening of walking.And no one has mentioned flan or creme brulee. These are all vital parts of my perfect evening. But sadly my reality will be sitting on the couch, my sweet children wreaking havoc, and Jason working late because of all the poor saps that wait until the LAST MINUTE to get what they need for V-Day. Good times.

Teresa said...

Mmmm creme brulee....now I'm hungry! Where can I get that at 8am?

Kristen said...

Loved the post!!! I got my very iPod not to long ago - and I LOVE it!! I hope you have a great Valentines day and an awesome birthday!!!

Marcy said...

Wow so many comments on this post, i doubt anyone will read this, but I have to say-I got an ipod for my b-day and i have to fight my 4-year-old for it, but it's totally worth it!