Thursday, December 13, 2007

Stage Moms


There is a man who goes to my church who is a photographer. He mostly does sports figures but also shoots pictures for different ad campaigns. Anyhow, his wife called me on Monday asking if Max was available for a photo shoot today. I told her about how cute Max's friend Liam is so he got to come too. The payment was a $50 Target gift card. WOOOHOOO! Towards the end of the conversation Kim (the wife) asks if these boys can take direction. I think I laughed a good 2 minutes.

On Tuesday Tiffany goes to pick up Liam from pre-school and Lisa (Liam's teacher) says to Tiffany, "So, Liam won't be here on Thursday?" Tiffany laughs, "What did he say?" Lisa replies, "Only that he was going to a rich man's house to take pictures and if he did whatever the man said he would give him money." As Tiffany said, it's a bad afterschool special in the making.

We went over to take the pictures today. We actually ended up at the Costco parking lot. The boys were really good. The only horrifying part was when I go to change Max's clothes (we were instructed to bring a few changes of clothes) and you guessed it, he has no underwear on. O.k. I SWEAR I checked this morning. He must have taken them off when he used the bathroom. I get Max changed and the boys are hanging out. Tiffany and I are trying to keep them entertained and Tiffany says, "Hey, let's skip!" Liam starts to skip, I look at Max and say, "Do you know how to skip?" To which he replies,"Mom, I skipped my underwear." I promise. That is what he said. He is the king of one-liners.

On a side note, Tiffany and I have decided we could totally be stage moms. There was minimal effort on our part (although Tiffany did hold up the sun shade) and the pay was great. Yep, our kids are for hire!

*Note: The above pictures weren't taken by the guy - Jill and Kim took them.

13 comments:

LauraB said...

Oh my gosh - I'm laughing so hard. It's a wonder Tiffany didn't have CPS knocking on her door!! So, can we tease Tim about this?? I can think of some good one-liners to use on him!

Unknown said...

Yeah for the $50 target card!! I think it is great Max likes to go commando! I just wish it were more widely accepted.

Tiffany said...

Who said it isn't widely acceptable?

Tiffany said...

everyone at the Trezise house is doing it

Trina said...

I almost died while reading your blog because I was laughing so hard I had a laryngospasm! Max,what to say more. Next time tell the guy you know a couple of other kids who would love Target gift cards!

Anonymous said...

Hey I have a bunch of really cute red heads...

Just letting you know ;)

Charlotte said...

I read your stories to everyone at work, they love to hear what Max is going to say next. Hilarious! Hey I have a cute curly haired kid, which by the way, got moved to the red in preschool for showing his underwear to the kids. I guess in his case it was good he had underwear on!

Teresa said...

So, what are the pictures for?

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness!! That is hilarious!! Max is the funniest kid. You'll have to post the pictures sometime!!! Thanks for the Christmas card!! It is adorable!

Sheri said...

Thanks for ratting us out Tiffany!

Teresa - I'm not sure. Kim (the wife) said the pictures were going to go in a database to use for different advertising campaigns.

liz said...

Score! I hope you get to post the photos!!!

Trina said...

Hey thanks for watching addy today!
She was so sad she had to leave! I am glad her and Max could be friends!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your stories. I read them to Lance all the time. Keep 'em coming.