
Today at 7:11 p.m. Benjamin David Trezise turned 8 years old. I remember the time because it was a Thursday night when Ben was born and I was watching Friends in the labor & delivery room. Ben gave us quite a little scare - he came out blue! I can remember the nurses and doctor crowding around his tiny body trying to make him breathe. When he finally started to cry it was the sweetest sound in the world. Since then, Ben has had quite a few near death experiences. Ian and I both feel like Ben has a special purpose in this life.
Yesterday we celebrated Ben's birthday with a few of his friends. It was a nice, low-key party. As Ian would say - it was old school. We had a treasure hunt, played kickball and had an ice-cream eating contest. All the boys got along really well and I think everyone had a good time (like I said, I was a little under the weather so it was kind of a blur).
Ben brings such joy to our family. He loves to make his brothers happy and can't stand to see them sad. Ben loves to read - he just finished "James and the Giant Peach" and is now reading "The BFG" which he loves. Ben also loves to play sports although he isn't very competitive. He's a whiz at video games. Ben is a wonderful kid and I am so lucky to be his mom. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

5 comments:
Happy Birthday Ben. Not a bad party considering you were sick.
Judging from the smile on his face in the picture, I'd say he had a good time.
Happy Birthday Ben!
Sorry about the bunny ears from Christian.'
From the mother of a bunny ear addict
Ben knew Christian was doing that -hence the stupid grin on Ben's face.
How Fun! I heart ben! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment