Saturday, December 1, 2007

Bigmouth Strikes Again

I have a hard time with silence. It's great when I'm reading a book but in social situations I always feel the need to fill in the gaps. If no one is talking then I will! Sometimes this gets me in trouble. I say stupid things or give out too much information or worse - personal unflattering information. A lot of the time I stick my foot in my mouth. I say something then berate myself silently for hours afterward - afraid that it was misconstrued or just wishing I had kept my big mouth shut. I am apologizing now to any of you I have or will offend with my stupid ramblings. Someday I will learn. But not today.

On the upside I can keep a secret. Just not about myself.

8 comments:

LauraB said...

Hmmmmm...wonder what brought that thought on - did you share something personal that I missed yesterday???

Brian said...

What about that whole "Kim, I know what you're ketting for Christmas (hee hee)" thing???

Anonymous said...

Sheri, I think we all do this at some point. At least you didn't tell someone you didn't like their chili at a church party. And, seriously I didn't care.

Sheri said...

Brian - you aren't getting it out of me. I just wanted Kim to be excited about Christmas. It's killing you isn't it?!!

Merilee said...

C'mon bigmouth, What did you say? You have to tell us the whole story.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about telling the WHOLE story.

ducklips said...

c'mon sheri, spill the beans. what did you say?

actually, i completely understand. i think i do that on a daily basis. don't beat yourself up to badly. we don't want any black eyes.

Trina said...

I do this all the time! In my old ward I for some reason thought it was my responsiblity to make every one at church feel like they were welcome and loved, and awesome, and all that. I would walk down the halls waving and saying Hi, Hi HI HI. Darrel would say "you are such a spaz!" And it was true. I can't stand silence!