If you want happy and bright stop reading NOW! I feel like I'm juggling 50 balls - which ones are going to drop? Will it be the Ben birthday party ball? Or the homemade gifts ball? Or the clean house ball (oh yeah that one dropped months ago - still looking for it)? Or the holiday baking ball? Errrg! To top it off the kids are being (to put it nicely) brats! That's right, I said it! And guess who is the worst? The teething baby? No. The argumentative, crazy-yelling 4 year-old? Nope. Perhaps the stubborn, whiney 7 year old? Wrong again! That's right - sweet little angel boy (ha, ha) my 9 year-old who definitely knows better is driving me bonkers! I won't list all of the offenses, but they were topped off this morning by him shoving his brother on the way down to Stacy & Paul's house and then when Ben ran back to our house to tell me, Alexander told Paul that Ben wasn't going to school so they left him. That kid is in so much trouble. I've had all day to cool off and I just keep getting madder by the second. He will be grounded indefinitely and he will be cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming and doing the windows. Yep, I'm that mad.O.k. on to the holiday cheer portion of this post. Saturday night was our Christmas party at the church. My boys were all in the program so we had to go. I probably wouldn't have went if they weren't just because I hate trying to wrangle 4 active boys at the church. It's always so chaotic. This year was different. The highlights of the party were Jared Ammon playing the guitar with Adam singing "Sile
nt Night". I might have even shed a tear or two. And Stacy sang too. I just love her voice. It's so clear and effortless. The kids program was so cute. Max and Ben were Wise Men and Max stood in front and sang right into the microphone (well, he started to sing and then just sorta mouthed the words). Alexander was an angel and he wasn't too thrilled about that but he did it and he did a great job. Later, Evan sat on Santa's lap and bawled his eyes out. I tried to take a picture but my dad's flash stopped working.
I made the Max with Santa picture the biggest because I am still amazed that he would sit on his lap. We have walked by Santa a few times at the mall and Max will stare at him and then refuse to go near him. I admit I did bribe Max with a sucker this time. It was so funny. At first he wouldn't even look at Santa and Santa was asking Max all sorts of questions like "What's your name?" "How old are you?" When Santa finally got to the "What do you want for Christmas?" question Max looked at him, puffed out his cheeks and said, "I really don't know." WHAT? This kid asks for something different from Santa every 5 minutes. Then he jumped off Santa's lap and asks, "Now can I have my sucker?"
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
It gets better at the end
Posted by
Sheri
at
11:52 AM
Labels: Christmas, Half empty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Let me know what ball you choose to drop, and maybe I will drop the same one.
Isn't that the worst, when your oldest is behaving the worst? It happens a lot over here, and it drives me absolutely nuts!!!
Hey, you better not drop the homemade gifts ball after the talk we had this morning. You remember the talk where you were convincing me of the gifts I should make. I'm just saying it better not be that ball.
Ha Ha max is so funny! At least he sat on Santas lap. Evan is so cute!
Sorry about Xander but don't you think in a little while you will laugh about that one. It is kind of clever. Sorry about all your balls. If I can help let me know! I can watch your kids so you can get stuff done! You know my number!
Tiffany - I will make time for that ball sort of speak. Also it would be fun staying up late acting kooky - don't cha think?
So how is staying up acting kooky any different than your daytime acting kooky??? C'mon Sheri, it's time you admitted that you aren't "acting"...you're just kooky!
Also, since Tiffany doesn't blog, you are going to have to tell the Liam story about going to a rich man's house, having him do whatever he tells him to, and then take pictures of him....Hilarious!!
Wait, we didn't draw names but if you and tiffany are staying up late making those kinds of balls, I want to be a recipient!!! You won't even need to wrap it!
Tricia - The gifts are for my mom, grandma (which you are helping with)and a small scrapbook for my mother in law. I'm urging Tiffany to do one for her mom with the promise that I will help :)
Tricia I am also making CUTE frames. I will make you one. Sheri hasn't fully swayed me to undertake the book, although it would be a hit.
Brian- Sheri can post that story if she wants, I even have a funny, albeit inappropriate, picture to go along. But she better hurry before I sell the rights of the story to be turned into an after school special.
Oohh, when is Ben's birthday? December birthdays are the worst. I feel bad for everyone involved. Especially the ones that have to have crappy Christmas dinners because their husbands think because it's their birthday they can have hamburger helper if they want to! Did I mention Chris's birthday is on Christmas?
The boys all look so cute in their costumes. Let's hear this Liam/rich man story.
I have to say I was shocked when I saw the picture of Max on Santa's lap. I never thought he would do it.
I know it's sad, but I think the one of Evan crying on Santa's lap is funny. You could photo shop that one to make it brighter and better to see.
I'm sad I missed Adam and Jared. I heard it was amazing.
Oh, yeah I have to do calendar pages huh!! Tiffany, I can't wait!
Sheri, your blog is something I look forward to reading. Your kids are so funny!
Post a Comment