Tricia's cute shoes




Yesterday was our annual adult dinner at my mom's house. I cooked turkey & rolls for it. We also had mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberry sauce, corn, salad and yummy cookies & brownies. Good food, great company. Afterwards we had a little program where everyone had to share something. Ian shared how high he can kick :). Jared Ammon & Adam played & sang "Silent Night". Tricia sang "Where Are You Christmas?" beautifully - I love her voice. It was alot of fun. We got a little silly at times...Ian and Tricia thought my lap was comfortable and camped there for most of the program. I love that Ian was able to come this year because we did it on Saturday (instead of the usual Friday night). Today at church we had a Christmas program. Even though my kids were being horrendous I really enjoyed it. My friend Drea played a beautiful piano piece that was Fur Elise and We Three Kings together. It gave me the chills. My favorite was a couple who sang, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". It's not a Christmas song but there wasn't a dry eye in the house. I bawled like a baby. I'm crying now just thinking of the words. It's one of my favorite hymns.


8 comments:
Sounds like such a fun party. I think that is a great tradition, that everyone share some kind of talent.
I love the Christmas program. Today ours was filled with beautiful music and (in our row) listening to my daughter and nephew pretend to read the Nutcracker, while my other daughter drew a picture of the Nativity. My son was drawing pictures of Cactar.
The traditions are what make Christmas so nice.
Tina - I didn't share anything. I had to run home and put Evan in bed so I missed Ian showing how high he could kick too :(
How fun. Your family life is awesome. I wish my brother and sister lived closer to me. Have a very Merry Christmas.
I'm so sad that I missed it. I will tell you though that I would have much rather been there than dry heaving like I was. I'm blaming it on you, seeing as you've had it more than once.
You're right Brian(and enjoy that because I don't say that very often) seeing Ian kick is WAY better than dry heaving(who am I kidding I was barfing). I won't blame it on Sheri, I will blame it on my children.
Yea, Jason said that you were praying to the porcelain god as well. I feel for you!
I don't have anything to add to everyone's sickness but I just have to tell Sheri her leg wasn't very comfy... they are too tiny. Seriously it barely covered my ear!!
Post a Comment