Friday, October 21, 2011

Hair Cut....Finally!

Xander kept telling me that he wanted to cut his hair the first day of fall break. Well, the first day of fall break was pure insanity! We had games, parties and traveled to the cabin. There was no time! So Monday Ian and I went to Walmart to buy some clippers so my dad could cut Xander's hair. Now, normally it takes some prodding to get my dad to give hair cuts, but this time he was just as eager as we were to get it cut!

Before:






During:

After:
I swear he looks like a different kid. And let me tell you something else: he has acted like a different kid too. He stayed at the cabin with Kim for most of fall break. I received many texts from him, urging me to read certain Conference talks and telling me to read my scriptures. I know Kim read scriptures and a talk with Xander and Joe every day. I am so thankful for her influence!

Xander and I have had quite a few conversations in the past week. I am so thankful for him. He has such a desire to do what is right! Of course he is a teenage boy who isn't perfect, but I am so glad that he wants to go to church, to read his scriptures and to have dinner together as a family. I love him so much!

He makes me want to be a better person.