Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Firestation Fieldtrip

A few weeks ago I went on a fieldtrip with Evan's preschool to the firestation. It was the best firestation fieldtrip that I've been on (and I've been on quite a few).

First up: watching a movie on fire safety. I feel asleep during the movie but Josh and Evan both said that was there favorite thing about the fieldtrip. Next: a tour of the station. This included climbing in the firetrucks, seeing where the firemen work out, sleep and eat.

Just look at Evan's face - you know he was dying to go down that pole.
Ms. Lisa with a few of her favorite students :)

All the kids got fire hats. Evan still has his and wears it often. Seriously.
Next up: Ms. Lisa got to be a fireman! First she had to put on all of the gear (btw, firemen have 1 minute to put on their gear. Crazy!)


Firewoman Lisa:
Then she got to spray the hose!

The best part was that the firemen let all the kids take turns spraying the hose! They loved it!

Then the kids got to play with the hose for a while. Finally, the firemen polietly kicked us out :) and we all went to Chick-a-fila for lunch.

We had a blast!