Ian had the first week of fall break off work so we traveled to the Lodge to spend a few days there. We didn't do much - just hung out and enjoyed each others' company. The boys played 3 flies up:Evan packed all of his toys in his backpack and went exploring outside.
Xander called some elk. As soon as he heard them call back, they all jumped on the ranger to find them.On one of the days my mom took us to the campsite my dad was setting up for the Super Activity he was preparing for.
Xander found an elk jaw bone.The boys played some more football.
Grandma and Grandpa searched out fire wood. Xander helped out :)
Later me, my mom, Xander and Evan took a walk. We were interrupted by a rainstorm and my dad had to come pick us up. We were all so excited to see a double rainbow.
Proof of fall in Arizona: Another day my mom and I took Xander to Sheep's Crossing to fish. It's one of my favorite spots in Arizona. It was freezing that day so my mom, Evan and I stayed in the car.
Evan and I got out briefly to go for a little walk.
We saw a snake. Thank goodness it was NOT a rattlesnake. Been there, done that.
Evan got warm and cozy in my sweatshirt. Also, I think he might have brown eyes? Where in the world did he get them? His eyes are constantly changing from green to grey to brown.
On the ride back I spotted a porcupine by the side of the road. Of course I stopped so Xander could get a closer look. He took a quill. We found out later that porcupine's quill's have a natural antibiotic in them. Also, if you look closely you can see Xander isn't wearing pants. He's actually wearing his sweater on his legs. His pants got wet fishing.
It was a fun trip. I spent a lot of time with my mom. We talked, did puzzles, went for walks and watched Little House on the Prairie. Xander and Ian shot a little bit too. We love it up there.