Sunday, October 17, 2010

Football

We are still experiencing Football Fever over here. It's what my boys (Ian included) do and talk about. All. The. Time. Even Evan knows the name of NFL teams and players. And he was just as excited as Ben when Randy Moss got traded to the Vikings. It's serious over here folks. Saturday both Max and Ben had flag football games. Max played first and his team won 18 t0 12.

Max played great. He got a few good runs and his friend Jonah (pictured with Evan below) got a touchdown! Their team is undefeated.

Evan and Jonah have become good friends - Jonah considers it his mission to stop Evan from whining and crying. He does a great job. I owe him a dollar for his services.
Max's coach gave Max a special medal at his game. It said "Respect". The coach told Max he was impressed that Max always listened and showed him and the players respect. Max was beaming :)


Ben's game was next. Ben is quarterback and loves it because he hardly ever gets to be quarterback at school. Ben's team won 20-6. They were awesome!

Ashton (Jonah's big brother) plays on Ben's team. This means I get to hang out with their mom, Kahea, for hours each Saturday. She is one of my best friends. I love chatting, watching our boys and just hanging out with her. We have such a great time.

Even though sometimes I think if I hear about another stat, player or game, I might SCREAM! I love that my boys are so passionate about something. And that they are bonding over the same thing. It really has brought our family closer together.