Late Friday night we traveled up to the Lodge. Saturday morning Ian took Xander fishing (they caught 17 fish) while Trina and I went to Blossom and then on to Walmart. I love Trina like a sister.

Addy giving her mom some flowers.

Darrel took the kids on a Ranger ride to the park while we were gone. Evan climbed to the top of the monkey bars and then asked, "How do I get down from here?"

When we got back the kids became obsessed with catching things. First, they caught lizards. Max kept his for a long time - he's desperate for a pet. We finally talked him into letting it go.

Ben & his lizard.

After dinner we celebrated Darrel's birthday with firecrackers and a cake. I didn't get any pictures of the firecrackers because I fell asleep on the couch during that part - but I did get some cake pictures.

Ruby loves cake. I love Ruby. Ian kept making fun of me because I took so many pictures of her. He said I should publish a book and call it my "Ruby period." Ha, ha.

Ro and Evan hung out the whole time. They fought bad guys, tried to catch bunnies and lizards, played wiffle ball. They are becoming the best of friends. I overheard Ro say, "Evan, we are having so much fun." Evan replied, "I always have fun."

Ian and Darrel are also pretty good friends. Ian made a point to agree with everything Darrel said this weekend since it was Darrel's birthday. Those two together crack me up.

Max and Ben chasing a bunny.

The next day we played a whole lot of wiffle ball. The big people even played. Except for me. I just ate and read the whole day. I'm not kidding.

How can anyone resist her adorable face? I'm proud to say that she loves me almost as much as I love her.


Xander had some awesome hits.

I want to live at the Lodge.
I'm not kidding.
5 comments:
We had so much fun! I really didn't want to leave and I'm glad you pictures up because I have NONE! Love you too like a sister. Thanks for hangin with me at wal mart and Blossom
i feel more relaxed just looking at your pictures of being at the lodge.
Sounds like it was a blast. And, I just love that last picture; it's so precious.
I'm so sad I didn't go. I am in some serious need of the lodge right now. Looks like you had fun.
Do it. Move there.
Post a Comment