Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pop-eyed

There is so much love inside me for this boy. We both had rough weeks this week. We always do when my mom is out of town. Friday was a doozy. Evan had a horrible day - so horrible that Xander missed school in the morning to be with him (don't judge me - I felt like I didn't have anyone I could call*) and I missed work in the afternoon to stay with him because he was hysterical when I tried to drop him off at his play date. It stunk, but it reminded me that my kids need to be my #1 priority.


One of my favorite things that Evan does is what we like to call his "pop-eye". I may have written about this before, I don't remember. When he is nervous, embarrassed, tired, feeling silly...really whenever - he likes to make this face:

You can tell in the above picture he's feeling silly - but most of the time he does it when he is feeling sad or shy - like if he closes the one eye no one will be able to see him. Sometimes it breaks my heart. And sometimes I wish I could close one eye and no one would be able to see me. I totally understand it.


I love his face in this picture. He is showing me he's happy - because sometimes when Evan is especially whiny I make him open his mouth wide so he can cough out all of the grumpies inside. He's showing me that there are no grumpies :).

Even after the 513 temper tantrums he threw this week, I still think that Evan is awesome. And I'm so lucky to be his mom.

*side note: Actually I probably could've called Tiffany or Trina but that didn't occur to me until later

5 comments:

Drea said...

I love you too.

Amanda said...

I love that you had Xander stay home with him. I think that's great.

Sheri said...

It was my only option since I had been at work since 6:45 and my mom was out of town. Xander was thrilled.

Teresa said...

I love that idea about coughing out the grumpies! I'll have to try that.

Kim said...

I heart Evan and his pop eye.