Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Happenings part 1

Wow. I haven't blogged in a while. Life has been crazy. I've been working. Swam with friends. Had dinner and saw Eclipse with friends. Watched SYTYCD - the best show on tv. Celebrated Max's birthday. Saw The Last Airbender. Spent 4 relaxing days at the Lodge. Lots of stuff to blog about. And school starts in 2 1/2 weeks! WHAT?!? Can't my kids stay home forever?

Last Monday some friends from our ward invited us over to swim. I was a little nervous because the Trezises' in their entirety are a lot to handle. But the boys had a great time shooting hoops and horsing around.


Last year Evan had a healthy fear of water. This year that fear has totally disappeared. He swims all over the pool (with his life vest on, of course). The boys love making him swim to them.

Last Wednesday Tiffany, Holly, Lisa and I had dinner at Tia Rosas (I dream about going back) and then went and saw Eclipse. We may be in our 30's but we sure know how to act like teenagers :). Holly wore her "Team Jacob" necklace and Lisa brought her wolf shirt. We stopped by Walgreens and got New Moon candy bars. Because that's the kind of fans we are. I'm so irritated that I forgot my camera. Adding our dialogue to the movie makes it that much better :). I had such a great time. And I liked the movie.

But really, was there any doubt?

...to be continued...

P.S. don't worry - I didn't miss SYTYCD - Ian DVR'd it, plus my friend T.B. sent me text updates all night. My favorite was the one with a picture of her posing like Jose. Awesome.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I wish Griff had a fear of water. He jumps in. Whenever. It doesn't matter if anyone is there to catch him or not. Did I mention he sinks?

YOU saw Eclipse? I didn't even know you were a fan!

Sheri said...

You're so funny Mandie.

Evan sinks too without his vest. He found out the hard way.

Teresa said...

Swimming is such a great way to keep the kids entertained. We swim almost everyday. Jack also needs a life vest because he thinks he can swim when he really can't.

Brian said...

I'm thankful for this post solely because now the photo of Michael isn't the first thing I see. It scares the hell out of me!!

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Is that one of those built in your shorts life vests or a regular water ski type life vest? My son can't swim either. It'd be nice to have one...SYTYCD tonight! Yes!

Sheri said...

Lexie- it's not built in but it's not lake worthy either. I got it at Target. I like it better than floaties because floaties don't let kids use their arms.

Kim said...

Summer has flown by. It's ridiculous. Sounding like you are having fun.