Thursday, April 9, 2009

Right now I'm watching...

Rob Dydrek's Fantasy Factory on MTV. It takes place in a big warehouse that is also a skate park and Rob's business offices. Rob is not only a skater but an entrepreneur. On on of my favorite episodes he met with an NBA player to discuss opening a restaurant together. When the guy showed up Rob walked out on stilts and challenged him to a one-on-one game of basketball. Rob really amazes me - on a recent episode he designed a whole bunch of "mini" skateboard parks that will be put in existing parks. He talked Carl's Jr. into sponsoring the first one - in Lafayette park in LA (which I guess is a really low-income area). He's so positive and funny. I LOVE that show.

My other favorite show (besides Biggest Loser - which changes peoples lives) is Castle on ABC. Ian and I really like Nathan Fillion - the lead actor. He was also in Firefly, Serenity and Dr. Horrible. He's such a witty actor. The show is a murder/mystery with enough humor and heart to keep me tuned in. LOVE it!

It's been hard for me to get into any shows lately because I've been biking/running at night. I've been watching LOST & American Idol sporadically. I still believe LOST is the best show on television. Smart, spooky & humorous. Although I do have a little bit of a love/hate relationship with that show.

What are you watching?

12 comments:

Teresa said...

There really isn't much on these days. LOST is the best show ever. It is the only one we will plan our lives around to see. How I Met Your Mother and Better Off Ted are both hysterical!

Christy said...

I have lots of things recording on my DVR but the only ones I faithfully make myself a date with the TV for are LOST, The Office and Bones. Bones is my new favorite... currently catching up on the prior seasons on DVD thanks to my parents' compulsive DVD purchasing. I LOVE that show!

MELANIE said...

I always love these questions because I am a bit passionate about my T.V. shows. I love Biggest Loser, The Amazing Race and Survivor. Lance watches Life and I think he started watching Castle too. I love 30 Rock and How I Met Your Mother. And, I hear if you like Nathan Fillion that he and NPH did a hillarious internet show "Doctor Horrible's Sing-along Blog". Nathan was on a radio show here and was talking a lot about it.

Jamie said...

Jon and I like Nathan Fillion a lot, as well, and we enjoy Castle, too. Not as good as Firefly, but I'll take him anyway I can! I am also loving Heroes, Lost and Brothers and Sisters right now. I watch many more shows (waaaay too much), but those are my faves.

Trina said...

I AM SO IMPRESSED NO ASTONISHED EVEN DID THAT PUZZLE! HOLY COW YOU HAVE A GENEOUS THERE!

Sheri said...

He didn't do it by himself! There is no way. I didn't mean to imply that.

Jon said...

Firefly was still the best show ever made

Kim said...

Lost, The Office, Amazing Race and waiting ever so patiently for So You Think You Can Dance, coming next month.

Brian said...

Ok...House, 24, Chuck, Heroes, Hell's Kitchen, AI, LOST, Scrubs, The Office, Friday Night Lights, Amazing Race, and The Food Network.

I LOVE DVR!!!

Brian said...

Oh, and I watched Southland and although it's pretty good, it's not for the faint of heart!

W.V. - COMPOO ????

Kim said...

I forgot about Chuck and Friday Night Lights. 2 great shows.

How could I possibly forget Friday Night Lights? crazy.

Yeah, food network is always on at our house. Joe thinks he is going to be the next "Duff".

ACS said...

Finally...someone else who likes Castle! I love it! So glad I got with the times andnow have dvr! This might make my viewing easier on a lot of shows! Good for you on the biking/running. I will try to use you as inspiration! lol