This year I was determined to have each of my boys looking dapper for Easter Sunday and handsome enough that I could take a picture and post on my blog. However, the forces of nature conspired against me. Therefore, no Easter picture.
Admittedly Evan is a force all by himself. Here is what Evan looked like at 4:15 pm on Friday while swimming at my moms. Look at that angel face (quite deceiving, I know) but still so cute. So perfect.
Here is Evan Friday night at approximately 8:15 pm. After a nasty fight between him and the asphalt (sadly the asphalt won). Evan came away with a skinned nose and skinned upper lip and a fat lip. It actually looks pretty good here. Sunday at church the scab on his nose was much bigger and blacker. He almost looked like Micky Mouse.
Mark my words, next year the picture will happen. Scabs or no scabs. (plus we had incidents involving wrinkly shirts & pants, and belts - I can't do it by myself, PEOPLE!)
7 comments:
I think it in the little boy code to get hurt on their face before pictures.
I think you should have posted the picture - scraped up faces, wrinkly shirts and pants and all. It's more true to life and less perfectly posed. I prefer true to life pictures any day.
And Easter was very happy!
I will get to other reasons why there is no picture in another post.
Too stressful to do pictures. Just do it someday in shorts and a t-shirt with you all wearing baseball caps. Stressfree!
Did the asphalt really win? - he still looks angelic and adorable. Probably not best for family pictures but cute nonetheless.
I have decided that I get family photos for mother's day - you could try again then...
He looked so sad Saturday with that battered face. He was also so sweet to share his toys with Jack. They may make you crazy, but you have some pretty good boys there!
I agree with Kim that the tough boy family pics would have been wonderful!
Scabs, bruises, fat lip - nothing you can do to that kid can make him anything but CUTE!!
Post a Comment