Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Not fooled, but broke & battered

Max has bought 5 canisters of silly string in the past 5 days. And he didn't use any today. After all that hype, the boys didn't do anything major for April Fools. Of course Xander tormented Ben a little more (each time swearing up and down it was an April Fool's joke) and Ben hid Max's favorite video game as a joke, but that was it.

Poor Ian. He lived in fear all day. He was so sure that something big was coming.

Don't you know silly string is more fun to play with then to spray with?


Max made me take a picture. He calls this "Granny". I thought that was pretty clever.

On a side note, I felt like the universe was playing a joke on me today. I found out my car needs lots of repairs, my shirt had holes in it (it's fairly new) and I fell off my bike (how pathetic can I be in one day???). Then I sat in my room and cried and felt better. But do you know what made me feel alot better? Watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnwLf88t_Wc on youtube. Thank you Liz, for knowing Brandon cures all ills.

Later Evan brought me a band-aid to put on my hand (I scraped it when I fell off the bike). He even tried to help me put it on.

P.S. if the link doesn't work, go to youtube and type in: Mr. Brightside/The Killers to watch the video. But only if you like hot rock stars who wear eye-liner. Also, the video is a little risque' so don't let your kids watch. I'm just saying...

8 comments:

tsumomi said...

I can't believe I am the first to leave a comment. This never happens on your blog. April Fools was low key at our house too. I am blaming the AIMS tests. The kids brains were too fried to think of any jokes.

Tiffany said...

I know that video well. And I like it.

Christy said...

I quizzed your boys last night in the car hoping to get some great April Fool's stories... but you're right... nothing spectacular!

What's the deal with your car... the minivan that has to be still under warranty, right?

Kim said...

Max was funny when I asked him if he pulled his silly string prank. He said "No", but that was the prank. He TOLD everyone he was going to get them with silly string, and then he didn't. He's funny.

I know what you mean about feeling like the universe has played a joke on you. I feel like that a lot.

LOVING the Killers right now. I agree, Brandon can cure all ills. Joe and I have been listening to the mix you made me in the car. I LOVE it. Thanks so much.

Teresa said...

After all the hype, that's it? What a let down!

Becca said...

Our April Fool's was non-existent. Jasmine tried to make jokes but they didn't have the reaction she hoped for.

Sheri,

Just for the record risque music videos and men wearing eye-liners makes you feel better? Does Ian know this?

Unknown said...

Ian knows. He has his own crushes. It keeps things spicy in our marriage.

Sheri said...

That was me, not Alex. I keep forgetting he has a google account too.