Someone complimented me on my bright green shirt today. I should've said, "Thank you!" Instead I went on a 5 minute rant about how I never buy bright colors for my wardrobe because I feel it draws attention to myself. And that was when I noticed that both of the women I was speaking to were wearing bright shirts.
I love that green shirt. I don't wear it too often but it's one of my favorites and everytime someone compliments me on it I feel like saying, "Thank you. Thank you for validating my clothing choice." (yes, I am that shallow) But instead I just start talking all the while shoving my foot farther down my throat.
I need to belong to a support group. I get nervous going to social gatherings unless I'm going with someone I know. I feel the need to talk if no one else is. I will talk about inappropriate things. And I stick my foot in my mouth over and over again.
It's a problem.
P.S. could someone please e-mail me and tell me how to post videos? cuz what I'm doing isn't working. E-mail me at: sheritrezise@aol.com
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Hi, I'm Sheri and I'm socially inept.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow that would be me. Someone gives me a compliment but for some reason I feel the need to have them take it back. I can't accept it and usually say something negative to counteract the compliment. What gives???
I love your posts...they are written the exact same way you talk and when I read them its like you are casually having a conversation...they're funny (all that is meant in a good way)
Jon is right (did I say that?!) You do post the way you speak and I can actually hear your voice when I read them. Keep 'em coming.
Just remember no one over-analyzes your life like you do - no one notices the small things. Over- analyzation is a curse! When you find a support group or a cure please call me immediately - seriously.
Or recite the serenity prayer every morning...
I'm right there with you... why is it so hard to accept a compliment??? Missed you last night at Enrichment... seemed like we were having a Lambson boycott or something, but I heard everyone had a "valid" excuse... I'll try not to take it personal....
totally kidding... ;-)
Sheri,
You are one of the most genuine people I know. One of the things I love about you is how you are always so willing to give service.
Dad told me today that you are one of his favorite people.
That makes two of us.
Mom
I NEVER think you put your foot in your mouth. Not more than normal anyways.
Hey, you wore a green shirt when we were hanging. I loved it!
Post a Comment