Thursday, December 4, 2008

Snow Patrol

In case you couldn't tell, my current band of choice is Snow Patrol. What's not to love about a half Irish/half Scottish band?

Their new c.d. "A Hundred Million Suns" is beautiful. My favorite song, "The Planets Bend Between Us" is (in my humble opinion) lyrically, one of their best. I love all of the imagery he uses in his songs.


A while ago Ian, Tiffany, Jason and I saw them in concert at The Dodge Theater. They were great, but I'm looking forward to Tuesday night, when they will be playing a much smaller venue (and for free!). I'm going to get my groove on. And then some.

My 5 favorite Snow Patrol Songs (in no particular order):

1. Chocolate

2. Crack the Shutters

3. If there's a rocket tie me to it

4. The planets bend between us

5. Signal Fire

Do you have a favorite?

P.S. go ahead and youtube them - you won't be sorry. My favorite video was Chocolate or Spitting Games.

8 comments:

liz said...

chasing cars.

Darrel said...

I'm sure I've heard snow patrol before, but I don't think that I could recognize any of their songs.

Tiffany said...

I have two things to say.

1. I am going to pretend that Darrel didn't say that.
2. I love all of those songs. It is very hard to choose

Kim said...

Darrel, I'm sure you've heard Chasing Cars. It's only been played a hundred million times.

Snow Patrol is not my favorite, but there are a few songs that I really like. I like Chocolate and Signal Fire a lot. Thanks to you, Signal Fire reminds me of Max, and we all know that Max is one of my very favorite people ever.

I think I need to listen to their new album. Maybe I will like them more.

Amanda said...

How 'bout Run. Yea, that's my favorite.

I pretty much crumble when I hear any song off of Final Straw.

Merilee said...

I like Snow patrol too. I don't know a ton of there stuff yet. My favorite song is called How To Be Dead or something like that anyway.

I'm super jealous of the free concert. That sounds fun.

Teresa said...

I love your music posts, I get exposed to all kinds of stuff that way.

Kim said...

Ooh, I forgot about "Run". I think that might be my favorite one.