Monday, December 8, 2008

Our Weekend

This weekend was jam-packed full. Friday night the boys and I went over to Tiffany's to watch the Drake & Josh Christmas special. Because of daylight savings time, the special wasn't on until 9:00 pm here - which made for a late night for the kids. Consequently, Evan started acting a little weird, doing yoga poses and running aimlessly around the room until he would fall down. Very entertaining for us.













Liam saw me with my camera and struck a pose. Can I just say that I love that kid? He is non-stop entertainment :)


Saturday morning we got up bright and early and drove out to Glendale to hike a mountain to see Santa. Evan stayed home with Ian. There was some major drama with Ben & Xander when we got there, but after we started hiking things calmed down. We made it to the top and then waited in line for about 15 minutes to see Santa. It was worth it. The Santa was the real deal and we even got a free polaroid picture and candy canes for our trouble. When Santa asked Ben what he wanted Ben said, "I don't know." And then Santa replied, "Well, I guess I'll bring you a Barbie then." Ben piped up and exclaimed that he wanted "Video games!" Heaven forbid he should open a Barbie Christmas morning.


On the way down Ben found a big rock to sit on and wanted a picture. We are definitely doing this again next year - it was FREE and FUN. My 2 favorite words!
Later Trina watched the boys so that Ian and I could go to a movie (THANK YOU TRINA!). We were supposed to go to our church Christmas party that night but we were too tired. Xander went with my mom and brought me back 2 plates of food. He knows me so well. Yesterday after church we cooked and ate a big meal and then went over to my mom's for FHE. It was Paul's birthday so we did some celebrating. Afterwards we took the boys to see some awesome Christmas lights. One house was all Spongebob. The boys loved it. In fact, Ian said he heard Evan talking in his sleep last night and heard him mumble, "Spongebob...". :)

P.S. Thank you Tiffany for the homemade canolis - everyone at FHE LOVED them!!!

10 comments:

Kim said...

Um, the hiking to see Santa sounds awesome.

Also, where is the Spongebob house? I want to see it.

Sheri said...

It's on the street off of AZ Ave. & Guadalupe

tsumomi said...

sounds like a great weekend. The only thing I did that was better was hold Pete Wentz hand. Yes, that is right. He did a stage dive on top of Me, Josh and Abby. Rock on!!!!

Amanda said...

I love the desert background for your Santa pictures. You don't see that very much.

Christy said...

Xander was so funny at the party when I asked him where you were... he made sure to tell Kristin Chubbs that he was getting desserts for his mom... not for himself when he loaded all that food up. It was hilarious!

Where is the hike to see Santa thing? Totally want to do that next year. Which neighborhood off the intersection? NW? NE? SW? or SE? I need some good places to go see Christmas lights.

Unknown said...

Emmy showed the same excitement for the spongebob house. I love that age and Christmas! The Santa on the Mt. sounds so cool! And one last thing... HOLY CANOLI!!

Teresa said...

That sounds like so much fun. Only in Arizona...

Tim said...

Liam looks like Rock Lee in that picture. Rad.

tsumomi said...

the hand holding was brief. just long enough to know that i have the hots for a younger married man. lol. marc thought it was funny.

Tiffany said...

This weekend was pretty awesome. And I am always up for making cannoli. And eating them. Next time I am going to dip the ends in mini chocolate chips. Just because that sounds surprisingly yummy.

And I will definitely be hiking to Santa next year. My kids loved it. I love to hike with my kids.