Let's start with the more portion of this post. This morning started off with car trouble, a missed PTA meeting and a to-do list the size of China. By 5:00 pm most things were accomplished so of course we got some grub with the Ganems and headed over to my mom's for some SYTYCD therapy. (I can't even begin to tell you how much Tiffany and I needed it). Here are some photos.
Boys to Men
On to Music Monday. I love musical theater. So much so that I shelled out big bucks one year for us (including Xander and Ben), my in-laws and my parents to go see Lion King at Gammage. Ian and I had already seen it in LA and LOVED it. So it was no wonder that I loved Across the Universe. Afterall, the same woman who brought Lion King to the stage directed Across the Universe. Sure, it's trippy in parts, but the overall film is gripping (yes, gripping) and wonderful. Very artistic and beautifully done. And the actors all have great voices (unlike Pierce Brosnan in Mama Mia - UGG! - atleast he's nice to look at). Here's a clip (it was so hard to pick just one)(give it a chance - it's only 3 1/2 minutes of your time):
Also, I have to mention Mama Mia (again). When the play comes back to Gammage I will be going. The movie was creative, cheesy, funny and highly entertaining. Here's the trailer:
P.S. Any one who wants can borrow Across the Universe. And we will be going to see Mama Mia this weekend again - so leave me a comment if you want to come - WARNING! I will embarrass you by dancing at the end. And not the pretty kind of dancing, either.
P.P.S. I already paused my music for you so that you can watch the videos. That's just the kind of friend I am.
12 comments:
I wish I could go just to witness the dancing at the end.
Um, are Max and Tiffany's little boy dancing? Have you guys corrupted the little guys?
Love Hey Jude and maybe now I might even go see Mama Mia. I'm late to join that train. I don't even know the story but my sisters have been obsessed for years. Plus, I did not know Colin Firth was in the movie. Bonus!! Way better than Pierce Brosnan.
Megan, my mom, and I just went to see Mama Mia today while Monique was kind enough to sit w/ Dad. I loved it. Basically, I must have the sound track. In the mean time ABBA will be blaring in the living room. My husband may end up killing me.
Mer, I had no idea that we had been obsessed for years, but I am now. Next time you come down it's a total dance/sing at the top of your lungs party.
I thought you were going to the cabin? Also I would love to go and have a feather boa that I promise I will wear. Don't be sad, I have an extra?!?!?!!!!
Hmmm. I have to say I loved the play and had a blast when I went to see it, but I am not so sure about the idea of the movie. It has gotten awful reviews and I just don't know if it would be as good as the play was...
I also love musical theater. Across the Universe was awesome. You picked a good clip. I think Joe Anderson has the best voice in the movie. I also think that if they were ever going to make a movie about Kurt Cobain, they should do it now. He would be a perfect fit for that role.
Mamma Mia - what can I say? How can you come out of that movie and not be in a good mood? I wan't to go with you this weekend when you go. As soon as the movie was over, mom and I went to Target and bought the movie soundtrack. I don't care if if got bad reviews - I loved it. The only bad part was Pierce Brosnan's sinnging.
Mer, i think Liam and Max are ninjas - to their defense. I LOVE Across the Universe! Kim, i also mentioned the Kurt Cobain thing many times - they need to get on that quickly while the time is right. I am not saying that i'm gonna be dancing to ABBA, but i bet i will see that movie also. I love music and theatre so i am okay to admit interest.
I'm definately interested in seeing the movie.... not sure how tightly packed my schedule is, but can you please invite me anyway? It will make me feel so good just to get invited! :)
If you go Friday night - I'm there!! If not, sorry - I have a date with Jack!
Fine...I guess I'll go. Geez, stop twisting my leg! I will only go if Tricia has a boa for me as well!!!!!!
This just may be the first time I really, really wish I still lived down there - I would so be there with you at Mamma Mia! I just loved it. Teresa - just forget the reviews and go. I saw the stage show, too, and thought it was fabulous, but the only thing that made it better than the movie was the good singing voices. The movie does not have the greatest singers in the world...but that's ok. It's still funny and great.
Sheri - I still haven't seen Across the Universe. Can I borrow it?
wow, I'm speechless that you paused the music....that's impressive friend behavior right there!
Post a Comment