Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Yesterday












Yesterday Ian had the day off. Mostly so he could go to the dentist (he was long overdue) and meet with an insurance adjuster about water damage in our house. I don't like to do those sorts of meetings because then I get the third degree when Ian gets home. Anyhow, Rowan and Addy came over to play in the morning. Max and Addy played so good at first. They had me cover them in stuffed animals and then they'd break out. I tried to take a picture but then Evan started pulling Addy's hair which caused Addy to wiggle and knock Max down...After a while Max started being a turd (sorry but it's true) and didn't want Addy to play his "game". So I turned on Aladdin for Addy until Darrel got back. Rowan was hilarious. He basically did his own thing and even endured hair pulling and pushing by Evan (we train them early in methods of torture at our house) but didn't seem to mind.


Later on in the day I got the bright idea that since Ian was home we should call up the Ganems and go bowling. I even had coupons. It started with me forgetting Evan's shoes and socks. I know! But in my defense, I did remember Evan (I've only forgotten him once in his whole life - but that's another blog). We get to the bowling alley and it takes FOREVER to get us checked in (in the mean time Ian is frantically trying to calm Evan down as he screaming "BALL!"). We couldn't use our best coupon because it was league night and we only had a limited amount of time to bowl. As it were, we didn't even get to finish bowling one game. Some of the highlights:




*Jason saying he was dying of hunger 5 minutes after we started (this is only funny to those who know Jason - and the fact that Tiffany predicted this right before we came)


*Liam's ball going everywhere but down his lane

*Alexander and Tayler's ATTITUDE. Whatever goes wrong is the parent's fault.

*Evan screaming...then screaming some more. Next time we will get a babysitter

*Who knew that a three year-old (Elliott) was the best bowler out of the bunch of us?

*Max insisting that he should get to keep the bowling shoes

We tried...

9 comments:

Methodical Wormer said...

How fun to go bowling. We haven't been in a long time. I hate it when I forget Landen's socks and shoes and we do it ALL the time. If you need help with the water damage, let us know, Mike works for a restoration company.

Sheri said...

Good to know. Ian may be calling him.

Becca said...

Yeah - bowling! How sad that you couldn't finish a game, I can't seem to ever break 100 anyway, so it wouldn't effect me. I love the game, but I'm no good. Addy and Rowan are adorable!

Brian said...

Where's the photo of Tiffany trying to bowl with one bowling shoe on as she hops on one leg with the ball in her hand??? Oh, she didn't bowl??? How sad :-(

That would have been a good picture!

Sheri said...

Poor Tiffany - not only did she not bowl but she also took a fair amount of abuse from Tayler. I didn't get to bowl either as I was running marathons chasing after my screaming baby.

Teresa said...

You are a brave mom taking the whole gang out to bowl.

Unknown said...

i would've watched Evan. Afterall, you did share your boyfriend with me. What are SIL's for.

Anonymous said...

FYI the attitude did not go away as we left the bowling alley. When I got to the car Tayler informed me that her poor score was my fault because I didn't put her first. If I would have done that she would have bowled much better. I had no idea that line-up was an important part of bowling.

Brian said...

Tricia, I like that you have such a sharing attitude. I think that more people should share.