Friday was Max's 2nd pre-school graduation. He attends the city's pre-school program so he goes in 6 week spurts. There were 6 classes total participating in the program - and Max was seated smack dab in the front row next to another boy in his class. I noticed right away that the boy kept picking at Max and slyly pushing him. Max looked straight ahead - every once in a while he'd glance to the side and whisper something to the boy. I saw it coming...I tried to distract Max with a look...I watched horrified as Max gently put his arm around the boy. "Oh, that's sweet", my mom says as she observes Max's unusual behavior. "No mom, it's one of his signature moves...he puts his arm around and then he'll squeeze his neck.." As I am saying this, sure enough I see Max squeeze the boy's neck. And then I see him push him back. His teacher goes over and talks quietly to both boys.
But it continues. Max keeps doing little things until the boy finally gets up and the teacher moves him to the back row. I'm really embarrassed about Max's behavior - even though my mom and Kim point out that the boy started it. I am really dreading Kindergarten - are there any openings in your class, Tina?
10 comments:
I love the innocent yet devilish look on his face! And I love how well you know Max. I can't wait to hear stories of Max in elementary school.
I should probably mention that for some reason I was able to vote twice. So, I did - yeah Thin Mints.
So after a few sessions of Apples to Zebras, would you endorse it for active 3 year old boys???? Brayden will be old enough to start this summer/fall... CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
I would. The teachers there are great (and patient...) but it depends on what you're looking for in a pre-school...
Leave it to Grandma to be so oblivious to the subtle moves of the Maxinator - sweet grandson to a few, sly torture machine to many!
seriously, this is my son's long lost twin. this picture cracks me up l o n g before i even read the story.
'signature move' CRACKS me up! He was super tolerante and then slowly decides he's all done with the other boy's antics. sorry, but I love it.
that's such a hard one, there is a boy that zane says is mean to him at preschool and I secretly want to tell him to kick him a big kick when the teacher isn't looking and then the boy probably won't bug him anymore,. cos really, after school when they are bigger kids there isn't always a teacher there to break things up, right? it's a hard hard thing this boy and mommy gig. when zane pushes back after a boy pished him first i always tend to deal with it slightly different than when it's his fault.
liked my typos? i totally made them all on purrrpose.
This post cracked me up before I even read it. The title and the picture combined did the trick. He even looks like Morrissey in both of the pics here.
At least you know he will never be a push over.
Yep, as soon as I read that he was putting his arm around the boy I knew what was coming. I am used to his signature move, haha but I stops pretty much as soon as I look at him. I love his hair combed over! So cute!
Congrats Max!
He looks like he is up to something in that picture! And look at how cute you are and your bag! Thanks for watching my kids yesterday. Darrel and I really appreciate your help!
Post a Comment