Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Hearts Day!

Evan's new favorite hide-out. He's so proud of himself :)



There was a party at my house last night at 3:30 a.m. - how come none of you came? Evan was the life of the party but Max came in a close second. Yeah, I'm a little tired this morning. I wanted to get up early and make my kids pink waffles and bacon but it didn't happen. They were already downing bowls of cereal by the time I got back from my run (I think Alexander is happier with cereal any way).

Today I am loving:

1. My husband's sense of humor
2. Ben's giggle
3. Max's imagination
4. Alexander's logic
5. Evan's cheeks
6. The Killers
7. Chocolate
8. Lost

What do you love on Valentine's Day?

15 comments:

Becca said...

On Valentine's day I love the fact that I am the first to comment on your popular blog, Tim's delicious breakfast (really every morning, but today was amazing and healthy cauliflower, bell pepper omlettes), and Melanie, especially her yummy cheeks and adorable giggles.

Kim said...

I am loving the cloudy sky. I hope it lasts all day.

I am loving that Brian didn't wake up with a massive headache like he has so often lately.

I am loving the music on your blog. Especially the Cure, Nada Surf and Keane. I'm in a huge Keane phase right now, I've been listening to it for days.

Happy Hearts day.

Kim said...

Ooh, I am also loving the chocolate covered strawberries Brian brought home for me yesterday!

Teresa said...

I love that when I left this morning my two favorite boys were curled up in bed together. It melts my heart. I also love the Godiva chocolates Stuart insisted on giving me before leaving for work this morning!

Chris C said...

I am loving the slopes of Jackson Hole. Today we woke up to clear skies and 10" of new snow. I am off to ski. Although I really miss Merilee and the kids.

Kristen said...

I love knowing that we are going to have a wonderful dinner tonight (we always make stuffed manacotti on Valentines day) and I too love todays sky/weather!! It is a beautiful day!!!

Brian said...

Just in case Ian doesn't read my blog, I'm publicly pushing for Sheri to receive an Ipod for her Birthday. She deserves it...

LauraB said...

I love my husband and my family. Life wouldn't be the same without him and all our kids and grandkids! But, that's what I love everyday, not just today. Today I love that I have a date with my honey - a preplanned event - not just a "hey, let's go here" type of outing!

Methodical Wormer said...

So far this day has been far from anything loving... Lots of time outs, a two year old haircut gone wrong, a sick kid, dog poo tracked from my bedroom through the house and out to the driveway and NO DIET COKE!!! So thank you for making me think of things I love despite it all... I love reading blogs to escape just enough to calm my nerves when the world around me becomes too much. I love that my 2 year old will give me a hug and kiss whenever I ask. I love that my husbands support is only a phone call away on a cruddy day. I love that my mom still sends me packages to tell me she loves me on Vday.

Methodical Wormer said...

PS Your boys are so cute with all those balloons and I am so jealous you have your family so close!

OurHappyFamily said...

Man I'm bummed I missed the party last night :)!! Well I LOVE feeling good on Valentines Day which I feel the opposite today and Curt is sick with the flu which= one happenin V-Day at the Whalen house. HA!!

I love reading my sister's valentines from school, the beautiful roses my husband got me even when he is feeling like crap and reading all these cute posts. You're boys are dang cute!

P.S You're Neds comment made me LOL it is Ned's Krazy Sub in Mesa. Nothing way special just something I grew up on and crave every now and then!

Merilee said...

Today I love :
my vacuum
Alisha G's help
Sees candy
and Chris on the other end of the line!

top knot extensions said...

I love reading your blog!!! I can always count on you to have new materials to entertain me!!!

Marcy said...

I love that when I asked my son if he wanted heart shaped pancakes for breakfast on VDay he said no and we had eggs instead.

Drea said...

I love everybody's blogs, I love Jason, my sisters, I love my grandma and grandpa, I love my jobs, I love chocolate, I love my friends, I love my family, and I love my cat Will :)