Monday, August 13, 2012

Ian turns 40

 I really wanted to do something special for Ian's 40th birthday.  The problem was money.  And having none.  Our good friends Steve and Elise were getting ready to move to Utah, so we (just Ian and I) made a quick trip (think 2 days) out to California to stay with them.  We planned it so we'd spend all day on Ian's birthday at the beach.

 Windmills:

We left late Monday afternoon so we didn't arrive at Steve and Elise's until late Monday night.  Luckily they all stayed up waiting for us :)  Ian was so funny.  He kept telling stories and had us all cracking up.




 The next day we had breakfast and then headed to the beach.  Elise and her kids joined us for a little bit.
 We just hung out at the beach and relaxed.

 Ummm...my husband is much better looking than I am.
 Diet Dr Pepper and a celebrity magazine = heaven :)


We went to one of our favorite beaches - Salt Creek.  It's so beautiful there.  Ian and I took a long walk and I snapped some photos.


 On the way back from our walk a fisherman had caught a fish.  I took a picture for Xander.

 The next morning we left Steve and Elise's and headed to Laguna Beach.  We just walked around and looked in all of the shops.



I love how artsy and beautiful Laguna Beach is.


It was a fun, relaxing few days.  Thanks to Steve and Elise for putting us up and helping Ian to have a great 40th :)