Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This is me

when I was about 15. Notice my AWESOME Cure shirt. I wonder what happened to that shirt - I think I wore it constantly for my whole high school career.

The other day Xander and I went to Zia Records. As soon as I walked in and smelled the incense a wave of nostalgia hit me. My favorite thing to do when I was in junior high and high school was go to a record store. Zias and Stinkweeds were favorites. I also loved Shirt and Things (I'm pretty sure that's where I got that Cure shirt).

I went to my first concert (The Throwing Muses & New Order) when I was 13. What was my mom thinking??? To her credit, my older cousin Kevin took us and was in charge of us. (hey mom remember when you took Heidi and I to see Oingo Boingo at the State Fair - I have so much love for you for doing that). I have loved music as long as I can remember. And I love all types and kinds of music: The Beatles, The Cure, The Smiths, The Killers and I even like George Strait, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Justin Timberlake. I don't limit myself to liking one sort of music.

The other day a friend and I were having a conversation and I told her when I am sad or bad thoughts come in my head, I sing a little song. Usually it's "I am a Child of God". It works every time.

Here are my top 5 favorite albums (right now) (in no particular order):

The Killers: Sam's Town

The Format: Interventions and Lullabies

The Cure: Head on the Door

Motion City Soundtrack: Even if it Kills Me

Jimmy Eat World: Chase this Light

Coldplay: A Rush of Blood to the Head

I guess I can't keep it at 5 :). It warms my heart that Xander is really getting into music. We don't like all the same bands, but at least we have similar tastes. Good music makes me so happy.

P.S. Those glasses aren't real - I just really wanted glasses

P.P.S. Doesn't Ben look like me?