Ignore that weird piece of hair in front. Don't even act like you don't see it. Many of you know that this last year has been an emotional rollercoaster. I think I have prayed harder in the past year than I have in my whole life. December and January were bad. Dark. Sad. I want to thank those people who put up with me during that time. You all deserve a medal!
As I felt my birthday approaching I felt even more depressed. I have wrinkles!
But something happened. Maybe it's because what I have been praying for is finally starting to happen. Or maybe it's because I have been serving others more and thinking of myself less. Maybe it's because I am actually excited about my new calling. Or because of any other numerous blessings in my life. Really, I don't know why, but I feel happy. Like something inside me has changed.
It may sound stupid and cheesy, but yesterday I felt so blessed. I love my family and my friends so much. I don't have a lot of friends, but there are a few who I know we will be friends for life (because they have put up with me this long...). But especially for Ian and my mom and dad. They made me feel so special.
Since my blog is my journal, I want to mention one friend in particular. Who is going through a whole lot right now, but took time yesterday to come over, bring me presents! and visit with me. And she showed me a video that made my day. Heck, it made my month! She overwhelmed me and made me so thankful that she is a part of my life.
I feel so lucky.