I am stressed. About so many things. Too many things. I feel like I am losing control of my life but I don't know how to get that control back. Yesterday was bad. Ian got home from work and I went for a run. And then I crawled in my bed and layed there until all of the kids were in bed. Ian took care of dinner and everything else. He also tried to keep Evan out of the room because he knew of the state I was in. I like being married to a man who not only knows me, but takes care of things when I can't. And doesn't complain about it.
After my pity party, I got up to watch Castle with Ian and Xander. Evan got out of bed and layed on my lap. I felt better. I thought of ways to be more positive. Things I could do to be happy. But today I still feel overwhelmed. I want to snap out of it. I have so many things to be happy about and thankful for so what the heck is my problem? Actually, don't answer that.
In an attempt to lift my spirit, I am making a happy list. Here is what I am happy about today:
1. Jimmy Eat World's new album Invented came out
2. Ian has next week off
3. Evan's love for Buzz. He carries Buzz around like a baby doll. It makes me smile.
4. Kit kat bars and Dr. Pepper
5. Running
6. Max is finally getting his front tooth in! Although his other front tooth is still a baby tooth!?!
7. Pres. Monson's General Relief Society talk. Seriously awesome.
What do you do to pull you out of your funk? Advice, please.
6 comments:
Aren't husbands the best?! And Glee is on tonight so that should make you super shall I say "gleeful"?
For me- Chocolate and Sonic. Mmm... Gotta be careful with those now because of Baby Robbins.
But seriously. I remember you sharing {a long time ago} about having depression after pregnancy. You shared how you mom really encouraged you to go to the Scriptures when you get in a funk. I still remember your mom's advice (even though I don't know her) when I start to feel low. I find that reading the scriptures and being in prayer is the only thing that really gets me out of a downward spiral. It is usually the last thing that I want to do, but the one thing that really makes a difference. . .
I hope you are feeling better soon. Life is hard! But there is help there is we are willing to reach out. . .
Sarah,
Thank you for the wonderful advice you gave Sheri. It sounds better coming from a friend than from Mom. I don't know you personally, but you must be awesome!!
Sheri's Mom
I don't have any advice. I wish I did, but really? Who wants to take advice from a crazy lady? Just remember you are awesome, and you'll be happy just being yourself.
And Dr. Pepper. But it looks like you already know that one.
Hope you feel better. And also, in cyber-world, I'm like your next door neighbor!
I have these really great pills I can share with you.....
in all seriousness - I remember you telling me the same thing Sarah wrote above and it is a great idea.
It reminded me I like to keep some Ensigns next to my bed so when I want to flop on the bed and cry after a long day or hard behavior kids I grab one and read an article and always feel uplifted. And then I don't cry! But that just might be those magic pills...;-)
Jack always gets me out of a funk. You want to borrow him?
Post a Comment