Thursday, September 9, 2010

of babies and boys

The other day Ben and Max tried to talk me into having another baby. When I explained that babies cost a lot of money - they both offered to help me pay for a baby.


When I talked about how much time and energy a baby requires, both Ben and Max offered to help with the baby. Ben even said he'd change diapers :).


Finally when I told Ben he'd have to share a room he relented. "I guess we don't need a baby," he said. Max didn't give up that easily - he pestered me all afternoon about it.

Although Ben is an awesome big brother (and an awesome cousin) and Max is becoming more tolerant of Evan...no way could I have another baby. Emotionally and mentally there is no way I could handle another child right now. But on top of that, I have prayed extensively about this issue - and I feel good about the size of our family.

Watching the boys with Ruby at the cabin, almost made me change my mind.

Almost.

*on a side note: the other day I was looking on Facebook at pictures of my newest nephew (he lives far away in Scotland). Evan was sitting on my lap and exclaimed, "Oh! Can we buy that?" I guess he wants a baby too.

6 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

Ahh man. I thought you were going to say you decided to have another one. You make such cute ones!!! Maybe in another year or so. . . :)

Teresa said...

That is such a cute story. Jack doesn't ask for a baby, but he does ask for other kids to live with us...maybe adoption is in our future.

Anonymous said...

Remember Sheri - if you have another one, it will be a boy (not a Ruby). Sorry.

LauraB said...

Bet you'd have one if you were guaranteed a Ruby!!

Trina said...

Maybe you should have another one. Ruby, Molly, and baby girl Trezise could be such good freinds.

Amanda said...

"Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby
Do ya Do ya Do ya Do ya"