Saturday, August 21, 2010

Last firsts

Tuesday was Evan's first day of preschool. EVER. He was so excited. Beyond excited. I was a nervous wreck. Because he can't even sit still during church. And because it's hard for me to see him grow up and to let go (a little).

He made me take his picture in front of our door - because he remembered that Ben & Max got their "first day of school" photo there :)

I took him to school but then I had to go to work so Trina picked him up. I guess Evan got a little tired at school and asked for a pillow and blanket. When Trina picked him up the teacher commented, "This one is a firecracker". She doesn't know the half of it. And hopefully she won't find out.

Evan's favorite part of school so far is homework. When I got home from work on Tuesday he had already finished his homework by scribbling all over it then folding it up and taping it really good. When I unwrapped it the homework ripped. You can imagine how that went. I have instructed the boys to hide the homework and to give Evan a blank piece of paper when he gets home.

My heart breaks a little when I think that this is my last child. That this is the last time one of my kids will start preschool. I love being a mother. And I especially love being a mother to Evan.

3 comments:

Kim said...

How cute is that picture? He looks SO happy to be going to school.

Joe said...

hahahahaha oh how I love Evan!

Teresa said...

Wow. He looks so grown up in that picture. He also looks so much like his mom.