Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Evan update

This boy brings me so much joy (and at the same time so much frustration). But let's talk about the joy! Today I was driving Xander to school and we passed the soccer team practicing.

Me: "Xander, I wish you would go out for soccer. You're so good at it!"
Xander: "No thanks."
Me: "Look there's your friend Mehrdad! He's playing."
Evan: "That is NOT MY DAD! My dad does NOT play soccer. He goes to work!"

Evan also loves the word "either". He uses it incorrectly all the time (he thinks it means "also" or "too"). He'll say, "I love you either, mom!" or "I want a cookie either!". I always correct him but secretly I love it :).

Last night for FHE we were playing Duck, Duck, Goose. I wish I would've thought to video tape Evan. Whenever anyone picked Evan for the goose he'd jump up and be so excited that he'd run in place for a few seconds before he finally started chasing whoever had picked him. He would giggle uncontrollably the whole time which would cause all the boys to giggle uncontrollably.

I love the joy that Evan brings to our home.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Seriously! We have to get Jack and Evan together. I think they would have a ball. Call me.

Kim said...

Loved this post. Evan is awesome.