Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Lodge: the saga continues

Ian took Xander and Hudson fishing all day on Monday so my mom and I took the remaining boys to Greer. First stop was for ice-cream, of course. The lady who owns the shop came out and gave Evan some bubbles in an plastic ice-cream cone. Because apparently she wanted to reward his onery behavior. I finally had to take away the bubbles after he poured half of them out on the ground, but then she came back out and gave them to one of the boys to give to Evan (I was putting a screaming Evan into the truck at the time). I guess she was trying to be nice.

James got Evan's cone - Evan only ate about 3 bites.


We then went down to the creek/river - whatever you want to call it.


Max caught a fish. It was dead. But Max didn't know that at the time. He was SUPER excited. I had to threaten him so he would put it down.

Then Michael HAD to pick it up. *Sigh*


My favorite part of the day was on the drive back to the Lodge. Ben, Max and James were pretending they were long lost brothers who were separated at birth. Max was raised in New York, James was raised in England (he had an accent and everything) and Ben was raised in Ohio (that's right, Ohio). They found each other and fought evil together. Well, then Michael said, "What about their midget Mexican brother?" and you can imagine how the conversation went from there. Michael is awesome to have around.

P.S. Ian and the boys didn't catch any fish but they drove over 100 miles and went to 3 different lakes. Hudson and Xander had a blast fly fishing.

5 comments:

Joe said...

Michael can NEVER disappoint.

Teresa said...

Wow. That is an impressive bit of entertainment for the drive home. How funny!

Becca said...

What a fun day - I wish you had the long lost brother conversation on video (I bet you do too). What entertainment you have!

ian said...

AH yes, good times. I have to clarify or Xander will...Xander was the only one who actually caught a good size fish at big lake. Hudson and I just had small ones. Hudson did have a huge fish that came out of the water but did snap his line. Both Xander and I witnessed it and were pumped until his pole straightened and he reeled in nothing.

Kim said...

Ice cream and dead fish in the river. Sounds like an awesome day.

Michael sure has a way of making things interesting.