Saturday, May 29, 2010

Kindergarten Graduation (#2)

Ian and I were both able to take Thursday off from work so we could be there for Max's kindergarten graduation. As I struggle with all the emotions of working outside of the home and still trying to be the best mom I can, I am so thankful to work at a place that is so supportive when I ask for time off so that I can be there for those milestones.

As soon as Ian, Kim (Max's 2nd mom) and I walked in he started waving excitedly at us. He was beaming.
During the program the class sang songs that highlighted the different units they did throughout the year. They studied: the rainforest, planets, rocks, continents, money, U.S. history and so much more! Max started off not knowing how to read and knowing basic math facts. By the end of the year he was on his 2nd math book, reading chapter books and knows 3 hundred sight words and can spell 250 sight words. I attribute most of his success to his teacher - who encouraged him and who read with him every single school day. She's my hero.
Max & Mrs. H (his teacher). I want her to be his teacher every year! She has such a calm, sweet influence. And she makes everything fun!


Max & Mrs. M (his aide). I love her as much as I love his teacher. She was always there to help and encouraged the kids to set goals and always do their best.

One of my favorite things we got was a book where each kid in the class wrote what they liked about Max and drew a picture. Max, Ian and I had so much fun reading what all the kids wrote about Max. It's priceless.

I am so proud of Max. He has grown so much this year. I can't wait to see what he accomplishes in first grade!

7 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

Way to go Max!!! Look out 1st grade, here he comes!

Kim said...

I was so glad I got to be there. The happy look on his face was awesome. Thanks for letting me tag along. I love this kid.

Trina said...

Hi Max,

I am sorry I missed your graduation but I want you to know that I am very proud of you!

Love,
Grandma

Sheri said...

Hey mom, why are you using Trina's sign in?

Sheri

ian said...

Sheri, actually it is Trina and not your mom. She makes me call her Grandma too. Its weird, i know...i don't want to hurt her feelings so i just go along with it.

Amanda said...

Congrats Max!

Yes, I am the size of a cow. Thanks Wonderstuff.

Teresa said...

He looks so proud in those pics.