Ben's shirt really bugs me in this picture. That's what I get for not laying out his clothes. I just had to get that out there.
Max is growing up. He's slowly discovering a world outside of Ben. Last week he went to a birthday party. Without Ben. Before he left he asked, "Do you think they would care if Ben came too?" I told him Ben wasn't invited and that he (Max) didn't have to go to the party if he didn't want to. But he put on his brave face and went. I was proud of him. And he had a great time.
Today Max had a play date. Without Ben. Sadly, this is the first playdate he's had with a kid in his class all year, although he's asked for many kids to come over. But I've never followed through because he's happiest hanging out with Ben and Tanner (our neighbor's grandson). He had so much fun today and he's already asking for a playdate for next week.
Max has matured so much this year. He's went from watching Spongebob everyday to watching football, baseball or basketball. He loves to play sports of any kind - he gets up early, gets ready for school and then goes outside and shoots hoops until it's time to go to school. He still looks for Ben's approval, but he's learning to trust himself more.
and he still has the best comeback lines of anyone in our family.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Baby Steps
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Max is so awesome. It's cool, those moments, when you realize your child is learning, and growing up. Also sad too.
I saw Ben and Max as Bremen's birthday party...they looked so grown up!
Post a Comment