Monday, September 28, 2009

Mickey Mouse in the House


Every school day at 7:30 a.m. all of my kids converge on the couch. Ben insists he is putting on his shoes. Alexander swears he's packing his backpack. But I know the truth. They are watching (while pretending not to watch) Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse. We discovered this show by accident - one morning Evan was terrorizing his brothers and in desperation I turned on the Disney channel.

Silence.

Laughter.

Their favorite part is the "hotdog dance". Max and Ben like the way Goofy does it. Evan likes Mickey. Xander pretends he doesn't know what we're talking about (but he totally does - I heard him telling Evan he likes the way Donald does it the best).

I think it's kind of cute...the way they all sit there, mesmerized by a mouse. I even tried to take a picture...but there was a revolt.

8 comments:

Teresa said...

So sweet. I think I will have to record that for Jack (bedtime is 7:30pm so he would miss it otherwise.)

Anonymous said...

That was one of our favorites, I am surprised to say that ALL of my kids prefer Fresh Beat Band to anything right now. At least it keeps Macy happy!

Sheri said...

Teresa - it's 7:30 AM. Jack could totally watch it.

Tiffany said...

I am with Kristy. I prefer the Fresh Beat Band also.

Tiffany said...

I forgot to add that my kids like both. But me...Fresh Beat Band.

liz said...

hotdog hotdog hotdiggitydog

Amanda said...

My kids love that freaking show too. All of them. Except Griff. If only he would watch SOMETHING!!!

Becca said...

I wish I could see them - I like Mickey too.