Everyday when I go through Max's backpak I throw some of his papers away. There is just too much for me to keep it all. I only keep things with exceptional coloring or writing. Lately he has been making books at school. His favorite book that he has made has been his caterpillar book. He treasures it and carries it every where (it is pretty great). Yesterday when I found a fire safety book in his backpak I tossed it. Big mistake. Later he asked me if I'd seen the book that he brought home. I immediately cringed. I knew exactly where it was. I ran to the trash to dig it out. Luckily, I managed to find it unscathed. I don't even want to think about what would've happened if I couldn't find the book.
In other news:
My oldest son now spends his mornings IMing (is that the correct way to say it?) kids in his class. Usually I pretend I'm cleaning something in the computer room so I can read what he's writing. He hasn't caught on to me yet.
Last week, despite MANY warnings from me, Ben procrastinated doing his homework and consequently was up late Tuesday night trying to finish (it's due Wednesday). One of the assignments in his homework pack is to write 10 sentences using 2 of his spelling words in each sentence. Last week most of his spelling words were contractions. One of his sentences was: "Shouldn't and couldn't both have n't in them." SERIOUSLY. Don't worry, I made him write most of his sentences over.
Evan and I almost came to blows yesterday. But we didn't and then we ended the day snuggling and watching Top Chef. It's all good.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Uh-oh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hilarious...
I always get in trouble for throwing things away too. Sometimes they ask me what happened to something, and I say, "I don't know." I am getting pretty convincing. I've practiced a lot.
I promise this is the ONLY time I ever lie to my kids. Ever.
How cute it Max in that picture?
I love Ben's sentence. It's true, right?
Coke came out of my nose when I read his sentence. That is classic. Can I just say, I HATE homework!!!
Ben is brilliant! Why waste a lot of words!
I agree--good thinking Ben!
I love that Max is writing books! And I have to admit I am hoping your next post is about Xander's IMing content...
Post a Comment