When Xander was in kindergarten he fell in love with a girl named Mei. She was as cute as her name. He repeatedly asked me to invite her over to play. But I kept putting it off. Then she got moved up to first grade (she was too smart for kindergarten) and eventually left the school for bigger and better things.
When Ben was in the first grade he fell in love with a girl named Amelia. One day he found a flower button on the ground and told me, "I'm going to give this to Amelia when I tell her I love her." I think he still might have a crush on her.
Yesterday Max came home and told me that there is a girl in his class that likes him. "How do you know?" I asked. "Because she's always poking and pushing me. She poked me twice today." I guess love must equal violence in his world.
Yeah, that makes sense.
5 comments:
Suddenly everything makes sense...
Is that so - Tim?
And Evan...
I love this post - their different approaches are SO their personalities! Give Max a big push and a poke for me!!
I think Max is right on. When someone in grade school likes you, that's how they show it.
When can Max come and play again?
That Amelia can accept flower buttons now, but we all know who Ben's true love is. And this "crush" business is a bunch of crap!
: )
Post a Comment