Thursday, August 13, 2009

Notes to my children's teachers

Dear Mrs. H,
You are so lucky to have Max in your class this year. He will keep you on your toes and you will never have a dull moment. Like today when you had to scrub green marker off of his face (even though his mother was in the room - filth doesn't bother her). You were so nice about it. I'm so glad that Max has a teacher who doesn't yell - he gets enough of that at home! Even though he seems tough, harsh words can sink him like a bad souffle. It's only the second week of school and he has already grown so much! I don't know if I'm ready for it. So if you see me lurking in the halls it's not because I think you're doing a bad job - I'm just not ready to let go.

Sincerely,

Mrs. T


Dear Ms. S,
You are so lucky to have Ben in your class. What he lacks in motivation he makes up for in personality. He is the sweetest kid you'll meet. Unless you make him mad, then I really don't want to be there for that. But he also has the best sense of humor - you just have to know how to tap into it. I know Ben will have a great year this year - you are one of our all-time favorite teachers. Not only for your teaching style, but because you want each child to succeed. Already this year Ben has started to love reading. THANK YOU!! When you read the BFG to Alex he started to love reading too. It makes me happy that the trend is continuing. Ben can be forgetful, but he has a heart of gold. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Love,

Mrs. T


Dear Mrs. S,
You are so lucky to have Alex in your class this year. He is responsible and hardworking. He can joke but knows when to be serious. Feel free to give him LOTS of extra work. He needs it. Also, if you want to give him the "talk" I wouldn't mind. Just joking. Maybe. Also - the more responsibility you give Alex, the more he shines. He will rise to any occasion if given the chance. Just don't forget to praise him. He thrives on it.

Sincerely,

Mrs. T

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I loved this post. It is so nice to read how much you appreciate the differences in your boys.

Amanda said...

Very cute. Will you copy these and send them to my girls' teachers. They all match perfectly. So much so that it brought a tear to my eye. Well, except for the reasonable part for Alex. Reasonable isn't how I would describe Bryn.

LauraB said...

Sheri, have I told you lately how much I love you? You are a super Mom!!