Monday, August 10, 2009

Family togetherness

We went to the Lodge last weekend and I must admit we had loads of fun. It's always better being there with my parents. Mom, Evan and I went into town and got the boys lunch and then met them at Hawley lake (where they were fishing, ofcourse). After we realized there was no spoon to eat the coleslaw with my dad carved one out of a tree branch. It was very entertaining to watch. You can take the man out of the country but you can't take the country out of the man.Evan had loads of fun fighting with his brothers. That boy will make anything into a sword. His brothers have taught him well.



Ben and Alexander both need pictures with me for an art project they are doing for school. I love Ben's giggle and for some reason he thought a picture with me was HILARIOUS. On another note, he is reading Harry Potter and loving it. It makes me so happy.

What can be said about this boy? He marches to the beat of his own drummer, that's for sure. He loves to sing. Ian and I got a kick of listening to him sing wrong lyrics all the way home. There's a Killers song that talks about the Nile except Max thinks it says, "annihilate". The boy never fails to entertain us.

The older Xander becomes, the more inept I feel. I'm constantly second guessing myself. And I still haven't given him the "talk" (I know! leave me alone - I'm scared!). During the trip we started calling him "junior". He is so much like his dad. And that's the best compliment I can give him.

I had to add this last picture. This boy brings me so much joy. I can't imagine my life without him. Someone had left 2 stuffed animals at the cabin. It was fun to listen to Evan play with them. When it was time to go he wanted to bring them and I told him, "No, they aren't ours". Then he set them down and said, "I'm going home. I love you so much." and proceeded to kiss them for the next 5 minutes. I loved seeing that side of him.

I love my family.

P.S. Animals seen:
1 snake
68 elk
2 deer (bucks)
lots of fish
1 bunny
1 chipmunk
and LOTS of roadkill!

7 comments:

Christy said...

We have that same batman mask... love it! It gets tons of mileage at our house too.

I just barely had "the talk" with Megan, so don't feel bad. I know the perfect way for you to do it... go to Deseret Book and buy "Growing Up" by Brad Wilcox. It's a fantastic book for parents and kids to read together that covers EVERYTHING (in a tasteful way). And then you make Ian read it with each boy as they come of age... problem solved, right?

Tim said...

I am still avoiding the talk...

Amanda said...

This is such an awesome post! The pictures are great, and you look so pretty.

Let us inexperienced parents know how "the talk" goes.

Teresa said...

I love Evan's good-bye to the his new friends. That is so sweet and in such contrast to the picture you posted!

Kim said...

I love this post - mostly for the pictures. That one of Max is priceless. When can he come over for a visit?

I love the photo of you and Ben. He is like a carbon copy of you. You have the same adorable face.

Seeing how Alex is friends with Michael, he's probably had some version of the talk already - I'm just sayin'.

Unknown said...

I am excited to go in a couple weeks. How come I don't look like that at the cabin... you look beautiful!

Michelle and Aaron said...

Sheri, I always laugh out loud (I refuse to type lol- crap!) at your posts. Which makes me look really retarded, so thanks a lot. I want to see pictures of the road kill.