Sunday, January 25, 2009

Magic Hands


Last night was horrible. Evan has a cold and was up every hour. He has a horrible cough and stuffed up nose. I'd just get back to bed and I'd hear, "Mom! Mom! I need wa-ter!" So I'd get him some water. 15 minutes later, "Mom! I watch 'Cars'!" or "Mom! I go Tiffany howwwsss!" Fun times.

So today I am tired. After family prayer this evening I layed on the carpet on my stomach and asked for a back massage. Xander quickly complied. Ian has trained him well. It was one of the best back massages. Meanwhile, Ian layed on his stomach and asked for a massage (hoping Ben would oblige). Max came running. And hysterics ensued. Seriously. Some of that boy's "massage" techniques were hilarious. Ian kept looking over at Xander and me saying, "Max, you need to show mom your skills." "That's o.k," I replied, "Xander is AWESOME!" Ian gave me the evil eye.

Later Max refused to massage me because I wouldn't take my shirt off. It was the perfect excuse so I didn't have to endure his techniques. All I can say is that when I saw Max pull out the chopsticks to "massage" I was counting my blessings.

Xander could have a career in massage therapy. That boy has magic hands.

9 comments:

Brian said...

Chopsticks for a massage?? Has he been to one of those Asian Massage parlors?????

tsumomi said...

I've got Josh trained too. He uses his elbows on my back while I am sitting up. Really gets in there. Give it a try. Have xander ask josh how to do it. you will love it!

Teresa said...

Now those are some good skills you are teaching those boys!

Sorry Evan is sick. I think we are finally past the world's worst cold with Jack so I definately feel your pain!

LauraB said...

What's Xander charge for a full-out back massage??

IAN said...

yes Xander uses strecthing, his palms, elbows, range of motion techniques as well as adjusting ur back.
he has learned well.
the student has become the master.
however, this did not carry on to his little brother.
i was like a piece of raw meat after that 'massage' from MAX. for example,key phrases that were used:
thunder & lightning(you guessed it-here comes some pain)
drive the car, drive the car
it killin time
firecrackers (immediately followed by the sound effects)
feet and hands time(oh joy)
here comes the chicken(he layed on me and slapped my sides while making bok bok noise)
jumpers(no explanation)
stabbers(yeah this is were chopsticks came into play)
Too bad Sheri and XAN didn't get some of his great work! they just laughed and enjoyed the show.
Oh yes, Brian i am home for lunch today. is this okay that i am posting a comment? -no the ups trucks don't have internet.

Kim said...

Joe will rub my hands at night for me. I LOVE it. Maybe Xander could give him some lessons on how to massage my back.

Um, Max's massage sounds interesting.

Brian said...

Is there some hostility in that comment Ian? I suppose that is ok with me, just run it by me first next time, K?

Amanda said...

I wish I had a kid to give massages. Then I wouldn't have to do it anymore. HATE IT!

Poor Nate.

Trina said...

ohh, send him over!