I used to store my clothes in two closets. I just can't throw out clothes. No matter that I haven't worn a shirt in 10 years. I can't throw or give it away. It means to much too me. I am emotionally attached.
I don't think Tiffany knew this when she suggested we help each other clean out our closets. Friday night she came over to help with the purging. Surprisingly when she saw the heaps and mounds of clothes in my room she didn't even bat an eye. She immediately started sorting and order me to start trying on. "Too baggy" "Too short" "Too ugly" and "You wore that shirt in college!" were oft used phrases. And my give away pile got bigger and bigger. I tried to talk her into letting me keep my 10 year old Abercrombie jeans but she wouldn't even give an inch on those! (Something about them being out of style - as if!) And she quickly vetoed my pink JCrew camp shirt. I was so sure once I tried that on she'd see why I've held onto it all these years. So what if I never wear it?
The worst were all my JCrew skirts. I almost cried when I added my tartan knee length JCrew skirt to the "throw away" pile. That skirt and I have had some great times together. I did rescue my peasant JCrew skirt though. I looks good baggy! Who cares that it's 2 sizes bigger than I normally wear? I saved up for that skirt! And waited until it went on sale. I'm not parting with it...EVER!
2 and 1/2 hours later I packed up 6 garbage bags full of clothes. SIX! And it felt so good, I've got to admit.
And I feel even better knowing now it's her turn :).
13 comments:
Damn Girl!! Thats a Hawaiian vacation in those 6 garbage bags. Maybe now you can just use ONE closet!!
Ok, I think you have more clothes in your give away pile than I have EVER owned. Ok, I exaggerate a bit, but I KNOW you have more there than I CURRENTLY even own.
Of course, that may say something about me. I hate to shop, and I just don't care that much about clothes.
I do get the "it feels good to clean something out and get rid of the old" feeling though. Good job.
um??? I've been home all night and I must have missed the door. No worries though, you can just leave them by my door!
We won't be getting six garbage bags from my closet. Even if we bagged up all the clothes in my closet, I would not have 6 bags.
My voice is starting to come back so we can do mine this week.
um, throw away? Throw them at my house! Any maternity clothes??? Sheri I am frumpy!!! I need your old clothes!!!
Holy freakin' cow. That's a lot of old clothes.
Great, next you can come over here and clean out my closet. I can't throw clothes away when they are in good condition--even if they are out of style and I haven't worn them in years. I need help.
I am the same way Teresa. That's why I had 2 closets full of clothes. I feel your pain.
that is crazy. i will admitt i have held on to a pair of guess jeans that are sooo out of style but remind me of high school. memories!
Way to go!!! I don't think I could fill six garbage bags with my clothes either! After I was done having kids and I got back to my target weight, I went through and cleaned out my closet. I'd been keeping all kinds of crazy clothes in all kinds of sizes to accomodate pregnancy, but NO MORE! Now I only buy clothes that fit me right now and that I love! Now I just need someone to help me pick out some cute new stylish shoes... want to go shoe shopping with me???
ANYTIME!
wow! that's alot of clothes. way to go tiffany. sheri, you will have so much more room now for your new found love of heels.
Is any of it cute enough for Chloe? It's too expensive to shop for her.
Post a Comment