I'm thinking I need a scanner. That way I don't have to take pictures of pictures.
Max loves to draw, color, write, whatever. He LOVES it. And he's pretty good. Actually I think he draws better than me. Luckily my kids have Ian for a father so they are all artistic (and know better than to ask me to draw anything for them). Yesterday I saw Max heading for the office to get paper to draw on. "Oh, no you don't!" I told him. You see, while he loves to draw, lately all he will draw is a tiny circle on a piece of paper then throw it away. We've had the "you're killing trees" talk more times then I can remember.
"I NEED to draw!" he yells.
"You waste way too much paper. Wait until I can go to Grandpa's office and get you some scrap paper."
"No!"
"Max, all you do is draw one tiny circle on a paper and then throw it away. You are wasting paper!"
"Mom, you don't understand...I'm trying to draw the perfect human."
And what do I say to that?


12 comments:
Too cute... Megan is my resident artist... we go through so much paper it is criminal, but she LOVES it!
Joe is the same way. If something doesn't live up to how he wants it to look, he throws it away and starts over. Have you ever heard of an ERASER? That is what they are for.
Did you tell Max that "Perfect Human" is an oxymoron. There is no such thing.
(Cough, Cough) Uh, Kim, aren't you forgetting about me? Also, why are you not elevating your leg?
For those of you who are wondering, Kim tore her calf this morning and is supposed to elevate her leg, especially the first 24 hrs.
Thanks Sheri for letting me use your blog for my own benefit.
He is so funny! The things that kids says. My goodness he is funny
What Kim, you tore your calf muscle? How did that happen? Are you OK? Can I do something for you. Like? Bring you ice? What do you need?
Well, to answer your questions Trina-Brian tore my calf muscle. I was trying to lift him up and get him ready for work(yes, it's true-I have to dress him, bathe him, and brush his teeth and hair). As for how's it going-I've been okay, I guess. Brian is kind of insensitive and not much help. I would love it if you could bring me ice. That probably would help so much. Brian just keep telling me to 'shake it off'. He has got a point, it is not broken, so I probably should stop crying about it. Well, I got to go... Brian wants me to finish the yard work and then get him something to eat.
Brian, you are so ridiculous. In case you were wondering, that last comment was not me. It was Brian. I tore my calf muscle playing volleyball.
Trina, you are nice to offer, but I don't really need anything. Brian is taking good care of me.
Apparently it wasn't Brian. Whoever it was (Ian) is hillarious!
okay... it's me. I will confess to writing in a great response to trina and throwing brian under the bus at the same time. sorry for taking your identity Kim.
It's ok. I thought it was pretty funny!
you guys are kooks!
Sheri, your son is adorable and you have an uncanny talent for memory. I can never remember what my kids say by the end of the day. My sister will say, remember when Zo said..., and I totally can't.
Kim, I hope you are ok. So sorry about your leg. I guess it's not a good time for pedicures, eh?
Apparently Max doesn't need preschool. Ryan can barely draw a stick figure, but of course the stick people have guns and he tells me the bad people are shooting the good people on the paper. I can't believe how good Max is though.
Post a Comment