Saturday, October 6, 2007

Matta-fied


I'm not going to lie to you - I seriously have ALOT to do before we leave Monday morning, but here I am, blogging away.

I LOVE mexican food. That's one great thing about living here - you always can get great mexican food. My favorite places include: Elmers, Serranos, El Sol Bakery and Mattas, ofcourse. Ian's family has been going to Mattas since he was a little tyke. When we started dating I was quickly converted. The homemade salsa is to die for! Now the kids are hooked too. Max has been craving Mattas for weeks, but we haven't had the time. We finally went today. It's great because it's the one place where all of my kids will eat! That's really saying something. Excellent food, cheap prices and a family friendly atmosphere. What more could you ask for? I also like the fact that my kids are learning how to behave at a sit-down restaurant - you know - no burping, no throwing food, saying "Please", chewing with your mouth closed - O.k. so maybe they should be learning those things at home too but it's better to put into practice at a public place. The only bummer is that it's kind of far away...(on Main Street between Stapley & Horne).

4 comments:

Christy said...

Thanks for the recommendation - I LOVE mexican food and I'm liking big chains less and less... more and more I'm liking family owned places like this!

on a side note - finished season 3 of the Office last night - I watched and re-watched Jim pretending to be Dwight 3 times, it was sooo hilarious!!!

Christy

Shelley said...

We LOVE Elmer's. We were introduced to it by oldest daughter, who attends Chandler H.S. Apparently she and her friends go there for lunch quite often. We actually had dinner there last night before the Chandler football game. Yum!

Kim said...

The last time I went to Matta's was when you and Ian got married. It's been that long. It's not that is wasn't good, it's that I don't get out much, and it is so far away. Maybe we will have to go with you guys some time.

Sheri said...

Can you believe that I went to Elmers for lunch in highschool? That's how old it is! There is nothing like their bean & cheese burritos.