Thursday, September 20, 2007

Big Brother at Little Brother's






Ian and I LOVE reality t.v. We have watched almost every reality show - our favorites include: So You Think You Can Dance, Survivor and Big Brother. Jared & Tricia share our love of Big Brother. At the end of last season Tricia started the tradition of having a Big Brother finale party. She made Chill Town shirts (*note - if you do not watch Big Brother you will not get everything I am saying) and we "chilled out" and watched the finale (ha, ha). This season's finale was Tuesday and Jared & Tricia again hosted a finale party. Everyone was supposed to either dress up as a character or make a shirt using word play on your name. I was the "Sheri-ff", Ian was the "Ian-stagator", Alex was "Xan-tastic", Ben's was "Ben there, done that" and Max's was "Big Max Attack". We had lots of fun drawing on our shirts. Ian's was the best by far and it came with a definition and everything. On our way over we were a little frightened because Jared had talked about getting a uni-tard (again, if you haven't watched the show...). Oh, the mental images! I think Tricia was secretly trying to get Ian back for the Scottish underwear incident but that's a whole other scary story...Luckily, Jared didn't have enough time to get the uni-tard. Tricia's outfit was the best by far (is anyone surprised?). She dressed up like the contestant Danielle - complete with Nick's blue bandana and a long blond wig. My boys kept asking if Tricia dyed her hair. Max even mentioned it the next day saying, "Anna's mom looks prettier with red hair - I don't like the white hair". Anyway, it was nice watching the finale without commercials (they have DVR). We came up with some great ideas for next season (head of household competitions, etc.) if anyone else wants to join in the fun next time, let me know!

11 comments:

Brian said...

I'm glad you had fun, but I (well Kim and I) don't really get the whole Big Brother thing. We've have tried it and don't get it!?! Obviously there is an audience for it, otherwise it wouldn't be on. Long live The Amazing Race, Hell's Kitchen, and American Idol!

Sheri said...

Oh yeah, I do love The Amazing Race also. I forgot.

Shelley said...

Hi Sheri,
You don't know me, but I've been reading your blog for a little while. A friend of mine pointed it out to me (who is also a friend of yours), and we share a school in common. Anyway, I had to comment because I've been watching Big Brother for a while, so I totally get the Daniele references. I loved Dr. Will from last season. However, this season was kind of ruined for me because of the two vile...well, I guess I'll call them people...that were left at the end. I wish the jury could have said "Nope, sorry, not voting for either one of you...we're giving the money to charity instead." That would have been TV gold. Your parties sound like fun though...I've always wanted to do something like that for Survivor or Amazing Race. Did anyone at your party wear a "Jenius" shirt?Survivor starts tonight! I'm excited! Unfortunately , my husband does not share my love of reality TV, but I'm all good watching it by myself.
I also found it funny to see a picture in your blog the other day of someone I recognized. The girl in the pink shirt standing in front of the limo is the daughter of one of my best friends. In fact, I had to point out to said friend that her daughter had made an appearance in a blog post! lol
This is awfully long for a comment, isn't it? Sorry about that, really just wanted to say hello, and I enjoy your blog! :)

Sheri said...

We were also disappointed by the final two in Big Brother. I didn't know who I wanted to win -but I would've taken Zack over either of those two!

Sheri said...

Oh yeah, and thanks for commenting on my blog - now I can check your blog out :)

Methodical Wormer said...

SO much fun!! Holy moly you have cool family. We are totally into reality TV and we look forward to the summer just for Big Brother.

Merilee said...

I heard a radio host talking about Big Brother today. something about how lame the people left were. I thought to myself " does anyone really still watch that show?" apperently the answer is YES. Who knew?

Brian said...

Merilee, I'm with you.

Charlotte said...

Caitlin & I were both addicted to Big Brother, but I'm not sure it was good for her to watch. She can pretty much guess what Dick was saying when he was being bleeped! Have you seen Will on Dr. 90210 yet?

Kim said...

I might be convinced to watch Big Brother if I could be invited to a get together like that. You guys look awesome. I love that Ben and Alex have their own shirts too.

Um, why did we not have an Amazing Race party? We all love that show too. Or, So You Think You Can Dance? We could have come up with our own dances and costumes and danced for each other. Wouldn't that have been hillarious?

Anonymous said...

Big Brother was the best last year with chill town(Dr. Will a.k.a puppet master, and Mike-Boogie) But, I must say I have watched 'So You Think You Can Dance' all three years and that is solid everytime. Still love Survivor and Amazing Race concepts even though I missed both of them last year. LOST is by far the best show on T.V. I don't have cable, and I work out every other night; so these shows are all I can comment on with my limited channels and time. Okay, Bye.