Xander and Ben are only 20 months apart which means they will be in the same church class for 4 months every 2 years. This makes me happy. I was so happy that when their scout troop scheduled a 30 mile hike they were both able to go together. And to tell you the truth it kind of broke my heart. It was hard being without them for 3 days. They are two of the coolest boys around.
I took these two pictures the day they came home. I cannot tell you how dirty they were. If they weren't so dirty I would've hugged them to death! And think they were glad. But no worries, I got lots of hugs in after they took showers.
Being that they were in the same "quorum" for a little while, Xander got to teach Ben how to do fast offerings. If you aren't Mormon, you can quit reading now because this won't make sense. Any how, it was so fun going with both the boys each month. Xander taught Ben that:
1) you have to get their early to get the best route. And if someone else pulls up at the same time, you race them to the door to ensure you get a better route.
2) You NEVER go in the house. If you do, you might be stuck in there for HOURS chit chatting.
3) Always have everything ready. Make it as quick as possible.
I have never laughed so hard taking the boys. Xander would do little dances and tease Ben about certain houses. I love that they are becoming good friends.