I have shin splints. Xander really wanted to run track this year but I didn't have enough money to get him track shoes plus running shoes. I guess you need both. Huh. Any way, he chose track shoes so I let him borrow my running shoes - which I got for Christmas and which I LOVE. So now I am back to using my old shoes, dealing with painful shin splints and feeling sorry for myself. A friend texted me to go running tonight but I couldn't due to the fact that I can't take the pain. Yes I am a wimp. But...I am so excited for Xander's first meet tomorrow. And apparently he runs pretty fast in my shoes.
I ran into the garage today. The worst part was that a couple of hours before Ian had lectured me on turning too close to the garage. I have been parking in the garage without incident for 7 years but as soon as he says something I hit the stinkin' garage. It's all his fault. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Today Max told me that sometimes I am impossible to live with. This was after I hit the garage (Max and Ben were in the car at the time). He went on to say, "You tell me what to do, you make me ride my bike and now you hit our house!" Awesome, eh?
Oh yea and lets talk about Max riding his bike. We have been trying for years to get Max to ride his bike. YEARS. After many failed attempts, on Sunday he decided to try again. Ben, Xander and I went out to help him while Ian watched. Well, Max kept getting nervous about Ian watching so it turned into a disaster that ended with Max in tears. Later, Ian and I were in front of the house talking and Max flies by us on his bike. Ummm...excuse me? I guess he finally decided he could do it. The bad thing is he hasn't mastered stopping so he ran full force into the mailbox. It wasn't pretty but he's ok.
And so life goes on....