I have been listening to a lot of different music lately. If I feel like singing along, I listen to Adele or Glee: The Warblers. If my boys are in the car, we listen to Fun, The Format, Motion City Soundtrack or All American Rejects. Or if I'm in a mood we listen to Jimmy Eat World or James. Because they seem to perk me right up lately.
I have loved the band James forever. Ever since I heard Born of Frustration, which is one of my all time favorite songs. I love his lyrics and voice. On the way to California Ian popped in The Best of James. I love every stinkin' song on that c.d.
Seven and Say Something are favorites. I love the lines, "Amongst friends but all alone - why do you hide?" and "Your silence is deafening".
Watching the video I think every one has felt that way. Like no matter what you do or say no one is listening or understands. I especially love the second verse. Somedays I feel like I am just going through the motions.
This song really speaks to me.